We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Window Treatment Transformation

27 September 2010

See what Mrs. Price at Faith's Place has done to her old window treatments and how she replaced them with new ones.

What crazy person would take down custom made roman shades and replace them with Target curtains?!?!?

ME!!!!!!! ;-)

I am  so excited about my latest deployment project!

Little by little, I have been working on my living room, wall by wall.

My latest wall was my back wall, where I have 4 large windows.  

When we moved in 5 years ago, I had these roman shades CUSTOM made for these windows. I believe, in all, I spent about $500 in materials and labor.  Why on earth would I take them down?!?!?

Because I was sick of looking at them, that's why.

 I wanted a cleaner, warmer, cozier look.

I was ready for change. 

Here is what they looked like before.


Photobucket


Photobucket



If you remember about 2 posts back, I stepped out of my comfort zone and painted my back doors CHOCOLATE BROWN!!! (squealing with excitement!)
(The chocolate paint was left over from another project, so it was FREE to paint my door!)

Photobucket



I bought a new rug ($45) and chocolate curtains at Target (the curtains were $8 a piece)....

New curtain rods ($30 each) and bamboo shades ($52 each) came from Lowe's...(L-O-V-E the bamboo shades)


My sweet friend, Kym, who happens to be an even BETTER handyman than "Tim the Tool Man" himself, helped me get my curtain rods and bamboo shades hung!!!

Photobucket



All a woman needs to rule the world is a power drill!!!!

Photobucket



Hanging the bamboo shades was actually easier than the curtain rods...but both didn't require the help of our husbands, so we get brownie points for that!!!! Woot!

Photobucket


Sooooo, here they are in all their glory!!!!! I L.O.V.E. them!!!!!!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Love.Love.Love the chocolate door and chocolate shades to match!!!! The bamboo shades added the perfect touch to this set of windows!!

Way to go stepping out of your comfort zone and doing a great job with the new window treatments!  
How does everyone like it?

8 comments:

michelle September 27, 2010 at 1:25 PM  

Very well done!! I love the chocolate brown, it does really warm up the room! And you are right, all we do need to rule the world is a power drill!!!!

kajr September 27, 2010 at 4:37 PM  

I'll step out of my comfort zone because I check this blog every day and rarely comment and say very kindly that I like the Before better than the After.

Debi November 26, 2010 at 3:19 PM  

I love the shades and the chocolate brown of the panels looks very coordinated with the brown paint on the doors without being "matchy-matchy". Awesome!!!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP