We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Turn Your Brass to Shinny Chrome

21 September 2010

Amanda at Our humble A{Bowe}d made some great transformations from brass to shinny chrome. 


A few years ago, I saw a tutorial in which an ugly brass plated lamp was polished to look silver.  The transformation was dramatic.
Well, I remembered this post when I bought my brass leaf bowl and actually had some Blue Magic at home.  This is actually pretty simple.  All you need is Blue Magic cream, fine steel wool,  rubber gloves (optional), paper towels or rags and a well-ventilated area.  This stuff reeks!
Simply dip the steel wool in the polish cream and use a little elbow grease to rub your brass item.  Wipe off the residue to check the progress and continue buffing until you have the desired look.  You can turn this:
into this:
The leaf still has a gold tint to it, so I’m thinking its solid brass, not just brass plated.  Either way, I think it looks better now.
My bird keeps the leaf company on my nightstand.  You’ll notice he got a few coats of gloss white spray paint.  Better, right?
It’s a simple solution.  Have you given any small items a face lift recently?

Really cool!  It looks so much better from brass to shinny chrome.
Do you like it?

15 comments:

Kyra @ RACKS and Mooby September 21, 2010 at 12:24 PM  

Wow - amazing transformation! I had no idea you could do that to brass! Good to know!!!

Mary @ RoomPolish September 21, 2010 at 1:33 PM  

Like it?!?! I LOVE it! This is a fabulous tip for my toolbox and I'm bookmarking it! Thank you!

kathie September 21, 2010 at 3:06 PM  

REALLY?!? Who knew?? It opens up a whole new world of goodies at the goodwill :) thanks!!

Anonymous,  September 21, 2010 at 3:25 PM  

I hate brass and this is amazing, I didnt know that could be done! LOVE IT!

Christie September 21, 2010 at 3:38 PM  

wow...so glad to come over and see the brass transformation! I have a lovely brass candelabra that needs something! Thanks for your kind comments about my porch and thanks for stopping by Three Pixie Lane! I would love the feature! Thank you so much! I am a new follower!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here September 21, 2010 at 4:09 PM  

Wow, This is amazing! Who would have thought you could turn brass to chrome? Thanks for sharing.

Michelle September 21, 2010 at 4:36 PM  

OH MY GOSH! Me wants some of that Blue Magic. Must look for some but I highly doubt I can find any in MY neck of the woods. Thankfully, I have internet and a PayPal account!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP