We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Spooky Candlestick DIY Project

28 September 2010

Hey!  This is Sandra for Sawdust and Paper Scraps here to show you one of my recent projects!

I bought about 5 old lamps when I was shopping for items to make my Halloween Candelabra tutorial.
I only used 2 for that So I had a couple left to make these Spooky Bad Boys.


Remember I said I had a project in mind to use up the other half of the PVC and threaded rod?

Well, this was what I had in mind...
only I didn't actually end up using either the PVC or threaded rod
 so now I have to come up with another project altogether!
Darn!  

For this project I used :
-2 lamp purchased at Goodwill (about $3 each) 
-3 plastic skulls purchased at the dollar store ($1 each)
-1 can of satin black spray paint (the cheap stuff from Lowes- $1)
Oh yeah!  You know I alway have about 5 projects going on at once!

1.  Take your lamps apart and paint the pieces
2.  Drill holes in your Skulls.

3.  Mess around with configuring all the parts until you find a design your happy with.  

I put these together about 6 different ways before I decided on this particular arrangement.  I used the lamps original rods, which are threaded both ends, so I had to play with adding and taking away pieces to make them just the right height.

4.  Paint the SKULLS!


5. Distress.

6.  Put them back together.  
You could drill a hole in the tops that are deep enough for the nut to fit down inside
 so the top is flush.  I didn't want to take the time so I just screwed it right on top.

My candles are a little concave and it doesn't matter a bit.  
If you're candles are flat on the bottom, just melt a little wax away to make room.

And that's it folks.





Total cost- $10
No, that does not include the studded skull on the left, I just threw him in for decoration.  
But I still think it's quite a bargain!

8 comments:

Keri {One Mama's Daily Drama} September 28, 2010 at 9:13 AM  

These look so easy! I am loving the Halloween/fall tutorials you've been posting. I've got to say though, that I laughed a bit. Nowhere else would "Drill holes in your Skulls" look like such fun.

Kelley March 28, 2011 at 12:36 PM  

Great Idea! I'm on the hunt for this year's projects and will have to try this.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP