We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Mirror Makeover: Creating A Unified Look With Paint

20 September 2010

Kathie at A Few Good Pieces wants to show off her collection of different mirrors and how she created a unified look with a little paint.

So it seems that I've been collecting mirrors lately.  Everywhere I look, magazines & blogs are showing groupings of mirrors in similar finishes.  So I decided to go for it.

Have you ever tried to take a picture of a mirror?  Or, even better, 6 mirrors all at once?  If you haven't, I'll fill you in.  It's a challenge.  Not only do you have to figure out how to arrange the mirrors, you also have to clean up everything that is going toreflect in the mirror(s).  From every angle.

No easy task, I assure you.  Especially since I am very accomplished at the 'pile' process of housekeeping.  You know, where most of the house is clean, but there are certain places where the piles accumulate?

Anyhow, I digress.  More about the mirrors, which is why you're really reading anyway.

I don't really have any 'before' pictures.  Somehow I missed it, but I do have some 'in process' pictures.  All of these mirrors were oak, very wide grain, honey colored.  Blah. 


I started on the edges with the painters tape, then went a little crazy and just taped the whole mirrors.  I really can't explain why~ normally, I would have used butcher paper on the centers.  Maybe the heat got to me.





Here is one that isn't finished yet, but would make a nice addition to this collection.  I picked it up at the Camp Sunshine garage sale down in Decatur this past weekend.  It is in a sad state!  But I love it.  The yellow wrapping on it is holding the pieces together :)  This piece needs some serious rehab before it can see paint.


But isn't it gorgeous?!  Can you tell?

Now on to more of the finished pieces...






I have a special love for this one.  I don't love the reflection of the painting that I removed from the wall in order to take these pictures, though :)  Oops.






I painted them all in a color-match of Heirloom white, did some light sanding and then went over them with a bit of dark walnut stain, and a bit of tobacco RL glaze.  I'm very happy with the result!



I think the mirror makeover looks great!  They are now one big unified mirror family.  Do you like?

2 comments:

kathie September 20, 2010 at 6:39 PM  

THANK YOU!!! I so appreciate you taking the time to feature my mirror project :) Thank you!

Deborah September 20, 2010 at 6:46 PM  

Round here, we call that the
pilot program. Pilot here, pilot there.
Your mirrors are amazing!
Deborah

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP