We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Laundry Room Design and Decorating Idea

07 September 2010


I love a beautiful laundry room.  I feel like, if I have to do the chore of washing the insane amount of clothing and linens we go through in a week, that I should at least enjoy the experience right?  And what better than some eye candy- in the form of a beautifully decorated laundry room?  Well Jenny at The Rodden Family  was inspired to make her laundry room a beautiful space and she did it all for under $6.00, check it out:

Okay I am sure most of you have seen The House of Smith's Pantry facelift. 

I must say i was beyond inspired and my wheels immediately began spinning!

You see Mrs. Smith owns a vinyl business, Wonderfully Wordy, therefore she had the means to use a nice amount of vinyl to create this quatrefoil design you see and paint to her hearts desire and create the most "perfect" looking pantry in America. 

Well, being the absolutely Martha/ i-can-do-anything-if-i-set-my-mind-to-it me i went ah-pludering.{if that isn't a word it is now;) } I knew my husband would laugh hysterically at me if i told him i wanted to order this large amount of vinyl and actually spend $ on this project so i had to think harder....

I needed to spend less than $10.00 and create the same look. 

Well if you know me at all, you know i like to have things that other people don't have, i really love different. 

Well, how many people do you know that have used their favorite wedding wrapping paper from Hallmark and turned it into their absolute favorite wallpapered room in their house??

 I DID!!
I know what you are thinking... Jenny Beth, most people are spending whole weekends to rip down tacky wallpaper, and you are hanging it??

Have no fear my friends, Spray Adhesive came to the rescue. 

Whenever I am ready to "change the look" all I need is my handy-dandy Magic Eraser and a slight amount of elbow grease and all the tackiness is gone. 

Like in an hour.....
Here is a closeup of the pattern, has a slight sheen to it with a pretty small repeat, i.e. makes it easier to match the pattern.




Here is the whole project. 
I tried my very best to eliminate as much unnecessary junk as possible.

I think the top right corner is a lost cause though. haha

Took two of my Arthur Court canisters and added them in here. The are filled with sweetnlow and soup mixes, not something i use all the time. 

My sweet friend Anna wrote me a thank you note, and i just love the way she wrote our address so much i had to add it to the "decor."


Needed to add some hang tags to everything so we would know where our items were hiding. haha.
{all fonts are compliments of the incredible Amanda fromwww.kevinandamanda.com}
More or less, this project was really good to weed out the clutter and send everything we don't use on a daily basis out to the "satellite kitchen" in the guest house. 

Speaking of the guest house: I hope to one day make it out there and begin working on projects but as i am continually learning.... slow and steady wins the race. 



Also for those of you still wondering, we are going strong with the homemade detergent. Only good things to say and my pocketbook is loving the slight relief!!



Happy early Friday/ first football weekend for most of us!!

ROLL TIDE!!!
ps. did i mention i only spent 6 bucks and some change on this project??

I think this looks great, and it is also functional, which is a must!  Great Job!

11 comments:

Kate September 7, 2010 at 5:15 PM  

Turned out lovely! I would've picked that paper, love damask... and so cheap too! My laundry room leaves a lot to be desired but unfortunately it is way down at the bottom on my to-do list (like my laundry that always piles up) ;) Thanks for the inspiration for someday!

Unknown September 7, 2010 at 5:30 PM  

Wow! Just genius to use spray adhesive. Now you are giving me ideas.
Love the end result!

Bayleigh September 7, 2010 at 5:44 PM  

What a fabulous idea! I've been brainstorming on what to do with my laundry room, this has inspired me! :)

Yvonne @ StoneGable September 7, 2010 at 6:10 PM  

Now this is an upscale, classy laundry room! I love (among other things) that you put your detergent in such pretty canisters.
Now I bet going into your laundry room is a fun activity.
Yvonne

So Sunny Day September 7, 2010 at 6:43 PM  

Love how the pattern anchored the space. Lovely font you chose for the tags :)

~Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

Denise September 7, 2010 at 8:26 PM  

I love it!
Very pretty. I am kind of a new follower and was wondering about the homemade laundry detergent. (I must have missed that post)
Would love to know how you make it.
Thanks,
~Hugs~
Denise

Remodelaholic September 7, 2010 at 9:09 PM  

That post was a guest blogger, it looks like she has a powdered version thats different than I have made in the past, but I have made some and the post was about a year and half ago, and I am pretty sure no one was reading my blog then!! The link to that is here...
http://www.remodelaholic.com/2009/04/move-over-martha.html

BUT the instructions on how I made mine is on my sister's blog and that is here,
http://rayrealm.blogspot.com/2009/03/homemade-laundry-detergent.html

check it out if you are interested! Otherwise you might Click on the link to this blogger's post and you could send her your question! Good luck!

Cynthia September 7, 2010 at 9:14 PM  

That looks great! I've spent the whole Labor Day weekend stenciling a quatrefoil design on the walls of my landscape design studio/ craft space/ 'Mom' room. Blast! It takes FOR-EV-OR. I'd totally recommend wallpaper. Totally. Love that you used spray glue- that's what I've used to hold the stencil in place.

Wallpaper is the way to go (though my project IS looking cool- just wearing me out).

Deb September 7, 2010 at 9:35 PM  

Did you say you only spent 10 bucks on this makeover?

And did I hear you say, "Roll Tide"?

Oh, my goodness...am loving it.

Prior September 8, 2010 at 11:08 PM  

very cool! love the paper, the laundry area looks cheerful and neat! Lezlee

Mallory December 7, 2010 at 9:54 AM  

Thanks so much for posting this! I just re-did my laundry room after seeing this! Here is is on my blog! Thanks again! http://mallicious.blogspot.com/2010/12/laundry-room.html

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP