We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Halloween Decorating Ideas: Rag Wreath Tutorial

04 September 2010

Last year I made a lighted Fall/Thanksgiving rag-a-muffin garland that  looked like this (image below) and is linked to the full tutorial here:


So, when I saw this beautiful Rag wreath on the party link up last week from A little bit of Everything I really wanted to show it off.  First it is festive, second it is adorable and third if you want to make one you will have plenty of time to make and enjoy it through the season.  I think this project is the perfect movie night- keep your hands busy activity.  Check out how A little Bit of Everything made hers:

I made my first wreath and I think it turned out pretty cute. I'll include a brief tutorial but it is easy to make. Just a little time consuming.


You can use as many fabric choices as you want, I used 4 that I already had. I chose not to use the black minky fabric that is pictured. It makes a big mess when cutting it so I left it out.



Cut some fabric into about 1" strips. I didn't measure, just kind of eyeballed it. You can either run your scissors down the fabric or rip the strips. They do not need to be even and the frayed look is what we're going after. I then cut these strips in half.


I just used a clothes hanger that I bent into a somewhat circle. I had a wreath that I bought, but it was too thick and I would have needed to cut more fabric.


These are my strips all cut up ready to go onto the clothes hanger.


I then just double knotted each piece of fabric on then added a bow to the top.


Turned out pretty cute, didn't it?

Isn't that a great idea?  
I love how she used and old hanger for the form!  Waste not!!!
Great job!  
How many of you are gong to make one now?

15 comments:

Kate September 4, 2010 at 12:14 PM  

Wow, that's really cute and easy! Thanks for sharing. I would say I would make one but I my to-do list is getting a bit too long. Maybe if I get really motivated. ;)

Heather{Our Life In a Click} September 4, 2010 at 12:15 PM  

I love this. I always look at the halloween fabric but can't think of anything to do with it it (besides a pillow for our outdoor rocker). I can't wait to try this with my kids!

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate September 4, 2010 at 1:17 PM  

This is lovely. If I get myself together, I would like to do your garland with Halloween fabric.

susan September 4, 2010 at 3:51 PM  

This is adorable and would work for Christmas too. About how many strips and how long??? I think I have to give this a tr!y?

Silver Strands September 4, 2010 at 4:00 PM  

Oh my! That is SO cute. My girls and I will have so much fun making one. They were just asking if it's too early to decorate ....
oxoxo
Denalee

A Little Bit of Everything! September 4, 2010 at 9:54 PM  

Thanks for featuring me!

To answer the question for Susan... I have no idea how many strips that I used, probably about a yards worth total for all the fabric. The strips were 7-8" long and 1" wide. It doesn't have to be exact though.

Vintagesouthernlife September 4, 2010 at 11:23 PM  

This is such a cute idea! You are so creative. I have to try one but I think I will just do fall themed fabric so I can carry it into Thanksgiving.
Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP