We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

From Hallway to Organized Mudroom

23 September 2010


When I saw this party link, I felt like I had entered mudroom heaven.   Check out what Megan of Honey We're Home did to liven up the hallway entrance from her garage into a functional and beautiful mudroom!

It’s been quite a week for our little mudroom or mud “hallway”.  My goal was to transform this transition space into something a bit cherrier since it’s the way we enter our home from the garage.  We started with this:
Mudroom 003
Cleared the decks and began fresh:
Mudroom 005
Painted some stripes and inserted decorative storage baskets {Target $9.99} into the cubbies:
Mudroom 014
Made a no-sew bench seat and added a mirror {Hobby Lobby- $25 on sale}:
Giraffe, bench, pillows 011  Giraffe, bench, pillows 006Giraffe, bench, pillows 002 






{mirror before a couple of coats of white spray paint}
Bedroom furniture makeover 003
And finally, adorned the bench with a few pillows made from scratch with my brand new sewing machine!  I’ve never sewn before, so this is a new adventure for me.  Be kind. 
HOW TO SEW A PILLOW
I basically followed the tutorial by Janell at Isabella & Max Rooms, except I didn’t use a pillow insert, I used poly stuffing.  And although I did iron my fabric before sewing, I didn’t iron the seams. 
1.  Lay the fabric inside out, use chalk to make an outline for where to sew, and secure with straight pins.
Giraffe, bench, pillows 028   Giraffe, bench, pillows 017 Giraffe, bench, pillows 018
2.  Sew your stitches leaving a 6-inch opening to insert the stuffing, trim the excess fabric.
 Giraffe, bench, pillows 020 Giraffe, bench, pillows 021   Giraffe, bench, pillows 022
3.  Turn the fabric right-side out and stuff the pillow full being mindful of lumps.
Giraffe, bench, pillows 023 Giraffe, bench, pillows 024 Giraffe, bench, pillows 025
4.  Pin the final opening and handstitch closed while watching Top Chef.
Giraffe, bench, pillows 026  Giraffe, bench, pillows 027
After adding a few more pillows, our mudroom now looks like this:
bench pillows 010
bench pillows 009
bench pillows 013 
And because I love a good “before” and “after”:
 BEFORE
Mudroom 005
AFTER
bench pillows 011
 bench pillows 015

Now that’s a space I’m happy to come home to!  Have a great weekend y’all!  I’ve got fall decor on my mind for the weekend, hmmm . . . .

Aren't we all dreaming of a space like this for our own houses? I know I have it on my dream house list!  What about you?  What is your favorite part about the space?

8 comments:

Karen September 23, 2010 at 8:43 AM  

I love it when you can mix organization with good looks, nothing better.

Megan // Honey We're Home September 23, 2010 at 8:44 AM  

Thanks guys for featuring my mudroom! It's so exciting to see it here on your wonderful blog:)

Kolein September 23, 2010 at 5:32 PM  

Gorgeous! I too LOVE true befores and afters!!!

I loved your mud room b4 and then you took it up a few notches! Creative and colorful!! And happy!

Found you from FJI!

~Kolein

Anonymous,  September 24, 2010 at 6:55 AM  

I love love LOVE what you have done with your 'mudway' - it's amazing - what a transformation! And I too would love to come home to a space like this!
I can't wait to see anymore transformations that take place - thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP