We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Faux Leather Leaves

23 September 2010

Kalleen At Second Street created faux leather leaves for a really cool table runner without having the mess of reall leaves.

There's nothing like scattered leaves to bring in the fall.


I found this really great faux leather at a warehouse this week. I bought a half a yard for $2. I had a million things in my head I wanted to do with it. But then it hit me, I really wanted to make a table runner of big leaves.


You see I've been wanting to make a table runner like this forever but didn't want to figure out how to finish the edges. This was the perfect material.

I liked how the texture was kinda leafy.


I googled leaf silhouettes, and drew a couple of shapes out on paper. Than I traced then onto the back of the leather.


This was the most time consuming job. It took me about 45 minute to sew on all the veins. I used yellow thread but I think tan or off white would work well too.


When the veins were done, I lined them up in an order I liked. I made sure each leaf touched the another in two spots on both side. Then I marked the touching points with a small sharpie.


I used a brown thread to tack the touching points together.


I'm not ready to bring out Halloween, but I'm enjoying a touch of fall.



What a cool idea for faux leather leaves!  I love the look of those big leaves.  How fun!

7 comments:

Robyn September 24, 2010 at 6:28 AM  

Those are SO INCREDIBLY cute! GREAT idea! They would make a FAB garland too, they are just so cool. Thanks for sharing...you always share the best goodies. ;-) BTW,I'm having a $35.00 CSN gift certificate give away, you might want to check it out!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP