We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Centsational Girl Blog Swap!

22 September 2010

Hey Remodelaholic fans, I’m proud to be here today visiting with all of you.  I’m out of town, and Cassity is guesting on my blog today, so were talking about projects we’ve tackled at home. 

My name is Kate a.k.a Centsational Girl, and I’m lawyer turned DIY blogger living in Northern California.  I’m what I call an incurable DIYer ~ if I don’t know how to do something, well I just teach myself.  My husband and I have been remodeling spaces for years and even survived a huge home expansion a few years ago where we acted as our own general contractor.  Ever since that sawdust settled, I've been busily engaging in all sorts of DIY adventures in decorating, crafting, cooking and home improvement.  I hope you’ll follow along! 

I really like to build stuff, especially things I think are overpriced that I can recreate myself, like this laundry room drying rack.  For years, I had wanted the Ballard Designs version, but then I just decided to make it myself ! 


My most favorite thing is rescuing a sad piece from a thrift store or Craigslist, like this chair I repainted and reupholstered.  It was yellowed and awful until it was saved.  




I’m a crafter too.  I wander the aisles of hardware and craft stores and try out new products all the time, like the silver leaf on this lamp, or the Mod Podge used to create artwork, or the silicone I found to attach sparkly beads to a wine glass.


I can get myself into trouble in the kitchen too, but all’s well that ends well with these adventures in candy making where I taught myself how to make salted caramels.



Mostly, you’ll find me teaching myself how to do things that many others simply hire out, like hanging grasscloth wallpaper or installing wainscoting on our walls. 



Thanks so much Cassity for letting me guest today !  Hop on over to my blog to see what Cassity has to share!
xo
Kate

2 comments:

The Obstinant Family September 22, 2010 at 7:24 AM  

OH my gosh, oh my gosh, you just gave me an awesome idea for my vintage window. Thank you so much! I love what you did with the laundry room rack.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP