We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Basic Office Chair Reupholstered For Craft Room

12 September 2010

Mandy at Sugar Bee found a basic office chair and reupholstered for her new craft room.  See how nice it turned out.


I don't think I've told you, but I'm working on vamping up my craft room.  It's in the works.  But the chair is done, and I LOVE it!!  I found the basic office chair at a thrift store and redid it:

WOW, right?!  What a difference paint and fabric can make!!  Did you know these kind of chair could come apart - I wasn't sure, but they do.

After taking off the seats, I spraypainted everything else.  It's a plastic chair, so I was sure to use the spraypaint specially designed for plastics (I used Krylon Fusion for plastics in red).  My husband was skeptical of paint sticking to plastic (he's a plastics engineer) but it worked great!

Then I wrapped my fabric around the seat parts and stapled it to the back.  I didn't even take off the old fabric - just wrapped over it all.
Then screw it all back together and you're done.  The chair went from "drab" to "fab" (my model was begging to sit on it for a picture) - I really love it!  


Isn't that fun reupholstered chair for her craft room?  It's great to be able to put our own style and flavor on thing to make us feel good.


7 comments:

Jen September 12, 2010 at 12:32 PM  

It's absolutely adorable!! I totally love it. I've seen those kinds of chairs reupholstered before but the fact that she painted it red is just the cherry on top!

Danielle Strong September 12, 2010 at 5:50 PM  

Love love love that fabric!! great transformation that i have on my to do list!

kelsey September 12, 2010 at 8:29 PM  

I LOVE this chair!! Would have never thought to do something like this.

Cynthia September 12, 2010 at 8:40 PM  

Perfect timing! I need to redo a chair like this for my daughter's room. Now I know how.

Unknown September 13, 2010 at 4:36 PM  

I llove this. I always steer away from getting an office chair for my computer desk in the kitchen, bc I don't want an ugly black chair with wheels ruining my decor... now I know, spray paint and fabric. I'm heading out to look for a chiar now. thanks!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light September 13, 2010 at 8:50 PM  

I absolutely love this redo! I was just looking at office chairs today since the one in my son's room is hideous - I'm so inspired to revamp it! Thanks for sharing.

Ammieloris September 16, 2010 at 9:43 PM  

Woohoo! I found you via Rosie's Fabric Shopper blog. Like I told her, I saved my office chair from Dumpster Oblivion when we moved in hopes of recovering it in cute fabric. I thought I'd be relying on my own wits. Thank you thank you thank you for sharing your cute inspiration and awesome wisdom.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP