We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Small Wood Desk Refinished Black: Guest Remodel

27 August 2010


Don't forget to link up to our Remodelaholic Anonymous party today
for a chance to be featured on Remodelaholic!


Stash Happy  linked up last week and wants to show off her new smell wood desk that she refinished black.


phone stand 2
We have had this wonderful desk since we got married.  It was DH’s as a kid—his parents bought it from an unfinished wood store.  When we first married I restained it to be a bit darker, but was never super happy with that.  Early days. 
After I redid the little end table (which no one bought for some odd reason) I decided to keep it as a printer stand.  Our B&W laser printer fits perfectly on it, and it scooched into the corner next to the desk like it was meant to go there.  The only issue was that it didn’t match the desk--which gave me a great excuse to finally refinish the desk. 







IMG_1455IMG_1456
I really love how the wood tones is peeking thru in spots! 
Shall we see them together again?


Before:
IMG_1455[6]
After:



I think it turned out quite charming!

4 comments:

OrganizingMadeFun August 27, 2010 at 6:04 PM  

How do you get the wood to peek through so nicely? I am getting ready to do something similar to put in my kitchen (a buffet) and would love to get it to look like that! Thanks...

Becky
www.organizingmadefun.blogspot.com

Christa @ Stories of a House August 27, 2010 at 6:29 PM  

Isn't it great to take something that has meaning and make it great? You really made it great, and I love the rub-through and the silver hardware with the black.

alison August 27, 2010 at 6:34 PM  

Thanks so much for featuring my little redo!
After painting the desk (and the matching chair --another posting) I simply took my palm sander and messed up the edges. Then I gave it a good coat of poly to seal it up!

Unknown August 28, 2010 at 8:17 PM  

I love this. I'm always attracted to darker wood and black furniture. I love white, but I always keep coming back to black. :) Great job!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP