We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Laundry Room Design With Craft Room All In One: Guest Remodel

20 August 2010

Jen at Frame Fanatic has made some great changes and organization with her new laundry room design that includes the crafts also.


After much deliberation, I can finally say that I am finished with my laundry/craft room transformation. Well...sort of. I know there will always be more that I may want to add later, but isn't that how it always is? An ongoing progression? So without further adieu, here it is!



[This is the "before" pic of the laundry room the day we signed on the house. Pretty yucky, huh?]


[Before we moved everything in, we decided to rip up the linoleum floor and replace it with some nice laminate. Here is the under lament.]


[And here is half of the laminate laid down. It's looking better so far!]


[Ahh...much better! This is the view as soon as you walk into the laundry/craft room. My framed art was talked about in a previous post here.]


[To the left is the utility sink my husband installed. I would like to add a wrap-around curtain to soften it up a bit. But like I said earlier...progression!]


[Next to the sink is the washer/dryer. We installed the shelf directly above it to hold detergent, fabric softener, etc. We replaced the bar hanging below the top shelf (since I never used it) with a clothes line. I am planning on using it to display lost socks, but for now a picture of my daughter and a laundry sign will just have to do. Notice the numbered jars?? I talked about them in a previous post here. Oh, and do you see that framed chalkboard waaaayyy in the back? I talked about that in a previous post here.]


[Across from the washer/dryer is my "craft area". This is a shelf my husband and I built to hold all of my craft supplies.]



[Below the shelf is a magnetic wall hanging that I can use to display my scrapbook pages, cards, etc. Those magnetic canisters are actually spice jars, but I decided to use them to hold miscellaneous craft embellishments. All of these magnetic products I bought at Ikea.]


[Hidden behind the door are my paper cutters and ALL of my scrapbook paper. I bought those 12x12 file cases from Hobby Lobby. They have been a real space savor!


[The lighting in this room has character of its own. As you saw in the previous photos, I have over-the-shelf lighting and under-the-shelf lighting. And in this photo is a light fixture I bought at Lowe's (with energy efficient light bulbs, of course!). Why so many lights you ask? Well, I believe that a small room with no windows should be well lit. It really opens up the room and makes it appear larger.]

Well, that concludes the majority of this transformation. I will probably be posting more pics as I slowly update the room. But before you go, check out my "leaning tower of ribbon"! :0)
                     

Nice double use of a space.  What do you all think of her organization skills?

10 comments:

Baby D August 20, 2010 at 6:08 PM  

What a difference a laundry/craft room looks when it's organized custom made!!! Love the new look. :)

MJ August 20, 2010 at 6:40 PM  

Wow...I actually wouldnt mind doing laundry if I had that room. lol Love the craft area too...I have those little tin containers but never thought of using them on a magnetic piece. (thanks for the space saving tip). Great job!

Star Talks August 20, 2010 at 8:23 PM  

I am in love with this room!!!! I WISH WISH WISH that I had a laundry room... but, no such luck. But I would love to make-over the laundry corner of my garage someday. Something about a gorgeous laundry room makes doing yucky laundry not so bad. :) Great job!

Ashley Tremaine August 20, 2010 at 9:06 PM  

Wow...totally jealous!! We share my craft area in our Master bedroom...would love my own space!!

Craftcherry August 21, 2010 at 8:17 AM  

That room is amazing...I never thought I would say this, but I need a bigger laundry room!

Happy2Bme August 22, 2010 at 4:07 PM  

I LOVE IT!! I have been so discouraged with my tiny laundry room that desperately needs a makeover. This gives me hope and makes me so excited to get started. More pictures please!

Jen September 10, 2010 at 8:07 AM  

Oh my goodness! I am not sure how I missed this post while back! Thank you so much for posting my blog post!! This means so much to me! :0)

Unknown September 20, 2010 at 11:31 AM  

omg I just came across this project of yours (laundry room/craft room). I just love it. I have a lundry room, bed room and a door to the outside, all in one, and I just don't know what to do with it. Our son moved back home and this is the only place to put him :( if you happen to have any ideas please let me know. You did such a great/wonderful job with your room.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP