We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

DIY Homemade Wooden Headboard With Scrolls: Guest Project

19 August 2010

Lindy at Cottage Hill made a very intricate wooden headboard for her master bedroom.  I was so shocked that she made this.  And now that I see it, with a little bit of explanation behind how she made it, the idea opens up all sorts of creative headboard options.   She explains how she did it below:


What can you make with a sheet of plywood, a can of black spray paint, a few scraps of pine, and a jigsaw?   Just about anything ...But, I've made a headboard for my master.  I've lugged this one around with me for years and I've loved it almost to death.  I may be changing it soon so I thought I'd post some pictures before I do something different.  I love it, really, what's not to love, just ready for a change...















  1. Draw the pattern out on a large piece of paper by folding it in half and cutting a little away at the time until you get the shape you want.  I used a good piece of 3/4'' plywood that was finished on one side and turned long ways. 
  2. Spray paint it black. 
  3. Hand paint your design.  
Can't paint?  No problem.  Why not use a framed print you like, cut it out in a similar shape as mine, and decoupage it onto the headboard?

    4.  Cut the scrolls out of pine with a jigsaw, paint them red, and apply gold leaf.
    5.  Antique the entire headboard with a brown glaze.
    6.  Hang the headboard on the wall using a cleat made out of a 2x4.

Easier than you thought -- yes?



How cool is this?  Great job on the scroll work!  
It all turned out very nice!

6 comments:

orange sugar August 31, 2010 at 9:12 PM  

Do you just glue the scroll pieces onto a piece of plywood?

Did you attach it with legs or just hang it on the wall?

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP