We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Build Your Own Rustic Coffee Table, Guest

13 August 2010



for a chance to be featured on the blog!



I am IN LOVE with this Beautiful rustic coffee table!!(double exclamations) I love that it is a reused, reinvented table and I love the way Pam @ Frippery, (who created this) stenciled it to make it look even better!  See if you don't ust fall in love yourself!  Here is what Pam did:



I have been moving things again. The marble topped coffee table is back in the "library" which is now a "sitting room" and the dining table is back in the family room and the previous "living room" is now a shared office for hubs and I. Follow me? I am kind of lost as well. Anyway, all of this moving left me without a coffee table. So, inspired by Donna at Funky Junk's painted stairway and the feeling that I wanted to go a bit more "urban rustic" I made one.



Made a trip to the old kid's "camp" where all things rusty and wooden go to wait for reinvention. (Scary, right?)






Nabbed some suitably decrepit pieces of chunky wood and hauled them back to the house.









Pulled our old coffee table base out of the garage. My son and friends took over the garage for a while during the high school years and turned it into their hang out. This coffee table, which had outlived it's usefulness indoors, was painted and graffittied to within an inch of it's life.









Out came the trusty RustOLeum spray paint, goodbye "Bear" (sorry Jena). My son has been dating them same lovely girl going on five years now, and Bear is his nickname for her, long story.









Sawed the wood to the same (relatively) length. Out came my nail gun and a few cross pieces underneath to hold the top together.









Not quite even on the ends but I have a plan for that later.









Printed out some letters and numbers with personal meaning.









Cut them out as one time use stencils. Super easy.









Black and white for a faded charcoal color. I wanted to keep the pallette neutral.









Stencil.









Stencil.









Stain.









Coffee table. Nothing in this project cost me a dime. I only used what I had on hand or could drag from the back yard. I may refine it a bit later but it is perfectly useful as is.







Isn't it lovely? I love the texture, I love how it seems like it has been around for decades, and I am in awe of the $0.00 price tag! WOW!



14 comments:

Megan Gunyan August 13, 2010 at 9:49 PM  

Wow. I was surprised at the end result, I'll admit. I love the stencil addition, it's a great idea. And the price tag is right up my alley!

Kelsey August 13, 2010 at 10:00 PM  

GORGEOUS!!! Love that you picked the pieces that were rustic and half painted. Totally what I would've done too! :) Great job!

Sarah August 13, 2010 at 10:05 PM  

Wow amazing job with this - you could totally sell it. Love the stenciling.

Pam @ Frippery August 14, 2010 at 9:22 AM  

Thanks so much for sharing my table. I am so happy with the way it turned out. Now I have to redo the rest of the room, or at least those slipcovers! Pam

Rabiul Islam October 11, 2010 at 11:58 PM  

This tool looks as though it will be perfect. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Rabiul Islam October 14, 2010 at 12:31 AM  

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really
enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

Rabiul Islam November 1, 2010 at 2:41 AM  

I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP