We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Wooden Art Easel TV Stand; Guest

24 July 2010

I have seen this done in magazines and even have a few examples in my tear files, so I was excited when Angela of Unexpected Elegance sent over her version of this great TV stand, check it out:


I love interesting pieces...something that sets my house apart from every other house on the block. I think I might have inherited this gene from my grandmother, because growing up she had a barbers chair in her living room. Anyway, I had been looking for a way to change the living room up a little bit and came across this T.V. easel at Restoration Hardware. I thought it was perfect, but I couldn't afford it and my loving husband wouldn't allow me to purchase it, understandable! So, I lived with my wall mounted t.v. above a big cabinet. It took up a whole wall.

My brother is an art student and he called one day and said the Art Department was throwing out all their old easels. Of course, I made him save me one and my parents, who live in Texas, graciously brought it on their last visit. I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to hang it, but I found a cheap wall bracket at Ikea for $29.99 that worked perfectly.


My parents helped me mount it and hide all the cords. Then I just cut some scrap wood to make two little shelves on the bottom to hold the components. I cleaned it up, but left all the paint and character alone. I think it turned out great! My husband is still not completely convinced, but he does admit it is a one of kind piece.


The paint brush tray just happens to hold our three remotes perfectly!

Isn't it inventive, functional and beautiful?  
Love it completely!

3 comments:

Unknown July 24, 2010 at 2:07 PM  

Holy Crap! (Excuse my semi cussing) That is amazing!! Really super cool!!

Judi July 24, 2010 at 4:26 PM  

hmmmm I think I lost my first comment to you.
I love what you did with the easel! That is perfect especially for someone who loves things a bit different (as I do). Love it! Great job and with the help of both brother and parents.
Hope you are having a great day
Judi

SWelch July 24, 2010 at 7:06 PM  

This is fabulous!!! =) I am an artist and love to paint so I truly heart this idea. I suppose I will now be on the look out for an easel myself! I actually like the "used" look better than the new one on the website. It has more character! =)

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP