We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Sewing Pillow Cover Tutorial; Guest

13 July 2010

I always love a Lemon Tree post I admit!  And I thought this was such a  fun idea!


Having a beige couch with 4 beige pillows can seem quite...boring.


So, in order to liven up my husband's office, I opted for pillow covers. I found this fabric and knew I had to use it. Luckily, I have a great friend who loves to sew!


I started by measuring my original pillow and cutting the fabric and fabric lining 1/2 inch more per side (for the seams). Then we turned the fabrics facing each other to pin. I pinned the ribbon ties along the edges also facing in (so, when we finished sewing and turned it right side out, the ribbons would be hanging out). After sewing, we pressed the edges.


Then I tied the two fabric pieces together with the pillow inside, and voila! I now have some excitement to my beige couch!!

Now we can sit and enjoy!

My friend even made a window treatment using the same fabric and fabric lining. She made a large rectangle for the window and then used the same ribbon to tie the edges giving it more shape. Such a quick and easy solution to my world of beige!


I'll be linking to these great parties this week, so be sure to check them out! Enjoy your summer weekend!!


What a great quick idea right?

5 comments:

Laney July 13, 2010 at 7:02 PM  

I *love* that fabric! And, I am in awe of your bow tying skills, lol.:-) I always get one or two done really well, and then mess us the others.

I love the curtains. I think I am going to do the same in my family room.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP