We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Oversized Rosette Pillow: Guest

01 July 2010


Patrice at Lemon Tree Creations created a beautiful over sized rosette pillow.

Rosettes have been floating around out there for a long while now, and I must say while I think they are completely fabulous, I hadn't really tried my hand at anything similar. I had played around with the shapes using ribbon and what not, but had never settled on a reason for needing them, nor was I completely satisfied with how mine turned out. All of this changed, however, when I decided what I needed for my couch was just one more pillow. I wanted a small pillow that had a lot of character, and I settled on this:




For obvious reasons I have been calling it my GIANT rosette pillow. While the pillow only measures about 10inx10in, the rosette is still close to 10 inches in diameter. With just a little thread, needle, leftover fabric and hot glue (of course!) it was very simple to create.

First I hand stitched a pillow 10in x 1oin and filled it with cheap Walmart stuffing, ($3.00). The thing I like about this pillow that it is made from upholstery grade fabric left over from a rocker I upholstered. Just being slightly thicker than other fabrics I have used in the past, it give the rosette some added depth I think.

Next, I cut my remaining fabric into 2 inch strips. The rosette took SEVERAL of these to complete.


With the strips cut, I began the rosette by kind of rolling the outsides of the fabric together to create a sort of fabric tube. This made the 'petals' a little more voluminous.





Next, I just began rolling the fabric inward, twisting it as I went. You have probably seen a lot of tutorials on how to best achieve this. I cannot say that I really used any one technique, but more just went with the flow. This is where, for me, the hot glue came it. I do not proclaim to be a seamstress. Hand stitching a pillow is about as good as it gets. Therefore, I was left with other adhesive options for securing my rosette, and turned to hot glue. I do not have a picture of the places where I put hot glue. I can just say its easiest to to dab a bit, around the bottom of the rosette petals, about every inch or so. As the rosette gets bigger, it works best to apply the hot glue in thin strips around the bottom of the fabric.



When the rosette became to large to hold, I then attached it to the pillow (using hot glue, I know I am a cheater!). I secured it to the pillow with hot glue in many places, pulling at the rosette as I went to test for stability.



Below is a picture of the where I got my fabric inspiration. While the colors in this great fabric matching NOTHING else in my living room, the play off of each other from across the room. Now the fabric choice seems to make a little more sense. (And trust me, they are not staying together, that matchiness would probably just eat me alive!)


I can't wait to share with you how I rescued this antique rocker, along with some other upholstery ideas in the next few weeks.


Hope you enjoyed my 'late on the scene' version of the rosette.


What a nice addition to the couch!

Do you love it?

9 comments:

Miranda @ Pressing On July 1, 2010 at 1:38 PM  

I do love that! It has the charm of ruffles, but seems more grown up. The decorator fabric looks heavenly.

Tales From My Empty Nest July 1, 2010 at 4:29 PM  

Your pillow is beautiful! I like it a lot. And it doesn't look that hard. I will have to make one for my daughter's new bedroom re-do. You have inspired me! Love & blessings from NC!

Stephanie July 1, 2010 at 7:08 PM  

I love EVERY single pillow tutorial posted here, they're so gorgeous!!This one is fabulous. I'm trying to think of new uses for pillows just so I can have them all!! haha

maybe start throwing them in the car? the seats are couch-esque, right?! hehehehe ;)

Patrice July 1, 2010 at 7:56 PM  

OK! I was so excited and surprised to see this feature! Thanks for the post, it made my day.

Patrice @ Lemon Tree Creations

Life in Rehab July 2, 2010 at 3:07 PM  

I like a fresh twist on something everyone else is doing. This turned out great!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP