We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Nice Pink Nursery: Guest

12 July 2010

Allison at Design Life has designed a beautiful nursery for her girl.


Welcome to Bella’s Nursery.
When we found out we were expecting a girl, we decided a neutral nursery with touches of pink would be most practical.
I selected a solid taupe for the bed skirt, mattress cover & bows on her crib bedding.  I used a toile for the bumper … because every nursery can stand a touch of toile!

The crib is the Jane crib from Bratt Decor.
soft furnishings flyer - final
I used the same taupe fabric for the window treatments, but lined them in a soft pink to give it a sweet touch.  The embroidered sheer also gives a girly twist to the room.
IMG_2747
IMG_2750
We purchased a blue glider & ottoman on Craigslist and decided to make a neutral slipcover for it & it turned out great!  If there is a baby boy in our  future we can simply remove the slipcover and we’ll be ready to rock him to sleep!
I fell in love with this etched mirrored lamp from Robert Allen years before Bella graced us with her presence.  It fits perfectly in her nursery.
IMG_2734
Grandpa (my Dad) painted this for Bella.  It’s our most precious item in the nursery.
IMG_2736 
Above Bella’s crib we framed images from an antique Cinderella book (as shown in an older post).
IMG_2349
We used shadow boxes to display Mommy and Daddy’s original “lovies” from when we were babies.
IMG_2739 IMG_2740
Many moons ago (during the summer before my Sophomore year at college) my parents & I found this dresser and night stand at a garage sale. Tyler (my then boyfriend), his little sister, Hillary, and I painted and distressed the furniture and added new hardware.  I used it throughout my college years and we loved the style for Bella’s nursery.
IMG_2741 IMG_2743 IMG_2746 
And a few more items in her nursery, on top of her bookshelf.  Notice I cropped out the shelves?  Miss Bella loves to take all of her books and accessories off each day so it wasn’t photo-ready.
IMG_2756

I enjoy the nice soft colors of pink and the 

original "lovies" are a nice touch.  


What do you think of this lovely room?

6 comments:

Unknown July 12, 2010 at 7:38 AM  

I have to say that the lovies and grandpa's art are super special. And the soft pinks and neutrals are really beautiful.

Happy Monday!
Laura

Silver Strands July 12, 2010 at 10:37 AM  

I just had a new granddaughter born this week .... I'm sending your post on over to her parents. SO precious!
oxox
Denalee

Arlene Grasman July 12, 2010 at 1:49 PM  

This room is so adorable, so many things can be done to a girls nursery room, but I insist you must get all the pink in there as possible! Well done :)
Nursery Love

Stephanie July 12, 2010 at 2:54 PM  

LOVE the furniture and the confession that an old boyfriend helped paint it - ha! that bedding is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!!!

Jen July 21, 2010 at 10:09 PM  

I have to tell you that the little pink softie that you have in a shadowbox is the same as my beloved 'Lollie'. It was one of 3 toys that I saved from my own childhood that I hope to pass down one day to my own children.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP