We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Murals for Kids Rooms! Guest

22 July 2010

This really is one of my favorite girl's rooms  I have ever seen!   I love this adorable kids mural it is so fun!  Also, that  I think that the most perfect picture of the babies stole my heart - my pregnant, baby loving hormones kicked into hyper, drive now I am dreaming of twins!   Here is what Lisa at Paint in my Hair did:


I really, really wish I could get a good picture of the mural I've been working on in my daughters' room..unfortunately it is really hard to photograph due bad lighting and silly walls that get in the way of camera angles (I think I need a good camera and a wide angle lens, but my Canon Photoshot is all we've got to work with, so here's the best I can do: 


 

 

They are twin girls (4.5 years old) and if you can't read the lettering, it says "a sister is a friend forever". The photo above it is from their birth announcement: 

 

They are hilarious...twins and best friends, but two completely different people with different personalities and interests. They have divided almost everything up between them (Celeste likes Cinderella, Alison likes Sleeping Beauty. Celeste likes cats, Alison likes dogs. Celeste likes stripes, Alison likes polka dots). So, they each have their own side with a bulletin board where they hang all their little paper treasures. Alison's bulletin board is covered in polka dot fabric and Celeste's is striped. Above are their initials (again, polka dots and stripes): 

 

If you're interested in painting a mural but have zero artistic ability (like me!), I highly recommend this one. It's all straight lines...I went through a lot of blue tape, but I didn't have to free-hand anything. I'm sure you could easily modify it for boys too. 

I am also especially proud of my budget for this project...$23 for the vinyl quote (the sister quote is vinyl, everything else is paint) was my only big expense. The picture frames came in a set of 10 for $6 on Target clearance (love their clearance prices!), the fabric...I don't remember exactly but it came from Joann, cheap to start with and even cheaper after a coupon. The A and C letters were a dollar or two at Hobby Lobby, and I used paint I had left from previous projects, except for the dark pink, which I bought a $3 sample of at Home Depot. Oh, and the bulletin boards were $1 each at a garage sale (DH cut them down to size for me). So I'd say under $40 for the whole thing. 

I need to offer some serious acknowledgments and thank-you's here: 

  • First, to Pottery Barn Kids, since I basically stole this whole idea straight from the pages of their catalog
  • To Karla at It's the Little Things, for her tutorial on making scallops
  • To Jodi at Back 40 Life for designing and fabricating the vinyl quote 
  • To my friend Jeanne who babysat the girls for most of the hours I spent on this (and never once commented on the paint in my hair :)
  • And to my sister...I can only hope Alison and Celeste grow up to be as close as we are. Love you!
I absolutely love this!  I am totally considering something like this... someday!

7 comments:

Carrie July 22, 2010 at 7:52 AM  

Love it! And I must have missed a post some where along the way because I didn't know you were PREGNANT!!!! Did I read that right? I went back 3 times to make sure! Congrats!!!! I dream of twins on a daily basis...One boy one girl...

Carrie July 22, 2010 at 8:10 AM  

...or two girls...or two boys. Any combination would work. I am so happy for you! :)

Cassie Bustamante July 22, 2010 at 8:38 AM  

oh my gosh, those are the CUTEST twins i have ever seen!!! i just want to hug them- they are so sweet together!!! and what a fabulous space for them to grow up in.

Lavon July 22, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

What an absolutely adorable room decor design! And those twins are too precious! My "babies" are all grown up, but this post makes me want to go get daring and creative somewhere in my house (I have plenty of rooms that need brightening up!)

Sew Can Do July 22, 2010 at 10:21 PM  

Really pretty and that picture with their clasped hands is just plain adorable.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP