We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Kitchen Update with Marble Tile: Guest

13 July 2010

Becky @ Tea Party has finished her kitchen and wants to show it off.  I don't blame her.


Before Pictures:

So I've promised pictures of our kitchen remodel and was finally able to get some pics...lets look at the before shall we? Don't be scared...we seen the potential...well, i think :)

Remember the marble tile we scored at a garage sale for $250? Thanks to my boss who owned a masonry company, he helped us cut and lay the tile...which I am forever grateful to. This was no small project since the dimensions of the countertop were all differnent and then at the end, leave it to me to decide to cut them all into subway tiles for the backsplash...oh yes, I did...and sometimes I'm still surprised my husband is still married to me after that one. So...a basic breakdown: We took the upper dividing cabinets out and took down the small wall to open up the space. Primed and painted the cabinets a soft white, the tile is an unmilled grey marble so its veining and pattern is all different, I love it, painted the hinges, changed out the hardware, changed out the top molding to a 4" crown thanks to my dad, Mr. Marvelous for that one, replaced the glass front cabinets above the stove, new faucets and added chandeliers that I'm so excited to tell you about, they were from a restored building out of Idaho Springs from the early 1900's and they were FREE...yes nada, zip did I pay for them. To sum it up...we did this remodel for about $700...yes you read right...$700... because we did so much sweat work into it and salvaged what we could. We're not planning on staying in this house for too many years, so this was great for now. You can view the cost breakdown HERE. Hope you like it!
















Great job!  It looks beautiful and I am totally jealous of the marble tile you found.
Any comments?

8 comments:

Anonymous,  July 13, 2010 at 8:09 AM  

What a beauty...the soft grays and white are so soothing. I love the modern stools that also have a retro vibe...and that view!!! I would wash dishes with a smile on my face.

Rachel July 13, 2010 at 8:39 AM  

Beautiful! I love all the old/vintage touches the blue Ball Jar, the Yogurt cup and the scale! I love how clean and simple the kitchen looks!

Erin July 13, 2010 at 9:56 AM  

Love it. My favorite thing is the marble cut into subway tiles. It looks so classy! And I love that the original cabinets were saved. You really can have a new kitchen without a complete demo. Great job!

Teresa July 13, 2010 at 10:23 AM  

It looks so pretty- thanks for sharing such a great kitchen with us. Love all the little touches.

Anonymous,  July 13, 2010 at 11:13 AM  

This is gorgeous! It really is amazing to me what a coat of paint can do to change a kitchen!! Great job!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP