We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

How to Make A Great Steak!!! And Recipe Linky

04 July 2010


Well, I have some news....  This news may effect the blog a bit so I thought I would warn you...

I'm Pregnant!
This is very exciting news to me, BUT this also means I have a love / hate relationship with food at the moment!   Explanation: I must eat about every other hour, and if I am not on my pills, i don't keep anything down, and Saltine crackers are now a staple.  Yeah, I know stellar nutritional value in those saltines.  

Looking at the computer screen kinda makes me sick too.  So, we are going to have to get creative to keep this blog running.  Which means today, I am reposting a post from last February(09), when no one was reading this blog anyway.  And!,... this is one of my favorite recipes ever, and it just happened to be one of my pregnant cravings last time, so that seems appropriate.  I hope you don't mind me sharing this, I promise, if you are a steak person, you will like this recipe!... (Here is the old post)

Anyway, what does every crazy pregnant woman crave?

Pickles?

Pickles and Ice Cream?

Well that is just not for me, what do I want?



A good steak!
(hence my lunch....I made that!)



I am talking Texas Roadhouse Top Sirloin, medium -OR- Hamilton's in Logan, Utah my heart goes out to you! I still miss you and your 2 for $25.00 (including two meals, 2 drinks and 2 deserts)... I am not so much into Fillet minon- it's just not my thing, give me a Top Sirloin any day. Maybe Texas is the right state for me after all.


For today, all I have been thinking about is steak!

Maybe I need more iron? But then what made it worse? I watched Top Chef, on Hulu. One of the guys made steak, and some other person made grits, and my heart was set on nothing else. I could accomplish nothing. I have no leftovers that I want to eat. I don't really care for homemade sandwiches, (very often)... So I caved. I made a 5 minute run to Wally-world here are the results.

(And the second best part? I have left overs, so when I am hungry in 2 hours I can eat it again!!)

The end!
This was a really easy to make meal and only took 10 minutes.

  • Preheat oven to 350
  • Start water boiling for grits
  • Begin heating skillet Med high. (make sure to use a skillet that can be transferred to the oven)

Add grits to boiling water and a pinch of salt. Set timer 5-6 minutes, you will occasionally be stirring this, but that is about it. Remove from heat when done.

Steak Instructions:
  • Place steak between wax paper and pound with a meat mallet -not to thin it out, but just to tenderize
  • When skillet is hot add 1 Tbls Butter, let brown slightly, add steak.
  •  Cook 3 minutes on one side, While cooking slice mushrooms (to speed slicing I use an egg slicer), 
  • Flip steak, add sliced mushrooms to skillet.  another three minutes on other side. Stir mushrooms occasionally. 

After both sides have cooked, insert a meat thermometer into center and place skillet with steak and mushrooms into your preheated oven. Watch till center is the right temp. (Rare 140, Medium 160, and well 170)

While meat is in oven, add a wedge or two of laughing cow cheese (or cream cheese) to prepared grits (I prepared 1 cup of grits and used one wedge), mound in center of plate, 

Remove steak from oven when it has reached desired done-ness and place on grits, add mushrooms and any juice from the pan onto the top of it all!
Enjoy!

32 comments:

CourtneyB July 4, 2010 at 9:24 AM  

Yay, I'm glad the news is out! Too bad they don't make saltines in a healthier version, huh? That steak looks AWESOME - now I want some!!! (:

Ann Marie @ Twice Lovely July 4, 2010 at 10:27 AM  

Congratulations!! I always get pretty sick in the beginning of my prenancies as well. You might try dry roasted unsalted peanuts as an alternative to Saltines. They're bland enough to not be too bad getting them down and they're full of protein.

Mika July 4, 2010 at 11:16 AM  

Congrats! I hope that you start to feel better soon, and that you have a smooth pregnancy.

Miranda @ Pressing On July 4, 2010 at 11:39 AM  

Congratulations!! What a blessing. I totally understand about the food. I think you made a good choice with that delicious steak. Thanks for sharing. Happy 4th!

PS~Erin July 4, 2010 at 12:13 PM  

Congratulations! Such an exciting time... especially after the nausea passes.

Rachel July 4, 2010 at 1:07 PM  

Congratulations! :D How exciting for you and your family! I hope the nausea is not as bad this time!

momofEAP July 4, 2010 at 2:51 PM  

Congratulations! I heard somewhere that it is a good sign when you have nausea at the beginning. Still hope it passes by without too much trouble.

Unknown July 4, 2010 at 3:08 PM  

Congrats on the pregnancy. I craved Mongolian Beef through my first pregnancy. That and Rheddi Whip (though not at the same time).

Enjoy

Andrea July 4, 2010 at 4:32 PM  

How exciting!! CONGRATS to you and your family!!! Hope you start feeling well soon. Ginger Ale or ginger cookies helped me w/ my sickness. Good luck!!

Suzanne@Meridian Road July 4, 2010 at 6:23 PM  

Congratulations!

Have you tried Vitamin B6 and Bcomplex for nausea? It worked for me every time.

The steak looks awesome!

Lorie July 4, 2010 at 6:27 PM  

Congratulations! I hope you and food start getting along better soon!

Kate July 5, 2010 at 2:16 AM  

congrats!!!! how exciting!!! Ryan was in heaven when I was pregnant because I always wanted to go to outback for steak. :)

Cassie Bustamante July 5, 2010 at 7:03 AM  

congrats, cassidy! that is awesome news! i can't wait to see everything you come up with for a nursery. it is goingto be so fun to plan and so fantastic looking! best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Katie July 5, 2010 at 10:03 AM  

Wow, that DOES look Yum!! And congrats!!! Such an exciting journey for you!!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP