We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Headboard Made From A Shade!

29 July 2010

I got an email of a reader who used our headboard tutorial for one of her own.  I really love the way it looks.  So I asked Mallory of Classy Clutter if I could show off here fabulous handy work.  (And I have to say, thanks Mallory for your sweet compliments!)  Here is what she had to say:


Well, I was browsing one of my FAVORITE DIY blogs Remodelaholic and found that I was having the same issue with wanting a new/cute headboard! I couldn't find anything I lovedthat wouldn't blow my budget! Remodelaholic to the rescue! I used her headboard tutorial for the most part. She used cabinet doors and I used an old window shutter so I, meaning my sweet hubby, had to make a few adjustments. I was excited to test my limits with the power tools and I had so much fun with this! I love it in my bedroom! It just adds the pop of color I needed (I used Krylon Cherry Red), since we are renting and I can't really paint my walls :(

We started with this shutter that I bought from ReStore for $5!
Building the frame
My sweet hubby, Craig, helping me make some cuts!
Everything all put together
I used Krylon Cherry Red (I love Krylon spray paint!)

After the first couple coats of paint
close-up of the shutter
The final product!

I love the red on the white wall since the landlords don't want us to paint...
I also have a gorgeous mirror that I will be hanging above the bed soon.

(My pillows look a little sad and droopy! Time for new fluffier pillows!)


What do you think?


My opinion?  I LOVE it!  
I think she did a beautiful job,... and I love the red!  Stunning!
Doesn't this just inspire you!

16 comments:

Miranda @ Pressing On July 29, 2010 at 5:53 PM  

It looks fantastic! I love it. And brilliant color choice since she can't paint the walls. Nice!

Fred July 29, 2010 at 8:30 PM  

Very striking - especially the red posts on the white with the black and white comforter. Very stylish and a good alternative to painting.

COCOCOZY July 30, 2010 at 10:03 PM  

I love the shiny red! I think your hubby Craig did a nice job and you had a brilliant idea. The headboard looks great. I agree with you that the bedding looks a little sad but just put some bright cheery linens on it and it will look just perfect.

xo
Coco
COCOCOZY

Teresa July 31, 2010 at 1:11 AM  

Wonderful idea! Love the color too....there are sure a lot of talented people out there.
Thanks for sharing all these wonderful ideas.
Happy Day

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP