We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Evolution of a Master Bedroom; Guest Remodel

22 July 2010

Cassie at Primitive & Proper her bedroom has been evolving into something quite nice.


Chris and the kiddos are at the beach with Gram Pam and Uncle Trav so I have been left to my own demise. I have been working on a few projects, but the first I want to share is my master bedroom (if you can call a 12 x 11 space master?). I spent all Friday painting it, and I will say the benefit of a small room is that I was able to use one gallon of paint in the entire room! I chose a white called "Cloud Cover". It's Benjamin Moore Color, but I had my local Sherwin Williams match it since I could purchase their Harmony eco-friendly paint for much less mula. To make the impact of the new bedroom color, I thought I would take you on an embarrassing trip down memory lane, to what our bedroom looked like when we moved in. We had a bedframe, no head or footboard, 2 IKEA dressers and a blue and green duvet cover I had made. The blue on the wall was "Twilight" by Sherwin Williams. It wasn't awful, but looking back, it sure wasn't pretty.




We've been in this house for 3 years now, and in that time, I replaced the dressers with vintage dressers I painted. The white one is actually a child's armoire, but it fit the space better as it is narrow. Meaning, we can actually walk along the foot of the bed now without turning our hips! Also, we've purchased an actual bed from Overstock.com, and we went through more bedding. Recently, I purchased a new duvet cover and was ready to really vamp up the room, repaint it and bring it up to date a bit more. Oh, and I won an awesome print from Kantan designs through a giveaway that Kirsten at 6th Street Design School. I love it! I purchased a frame from IKEA and put it on my nightstand! I am trying to decide what to hang above the nightstand and am open to suggestions, by the way! Anyway, here is what the room looks like now... Oh, and I know the doors need to be painted.... badly.... but I am putting it off big time!







I love the new bed and night stands.  
How do you like the new changes?

9 comments:

Kristine at The Painted Hive July 22, 2010 at 7:07 PM  

I love Cassie's room. It looks perfectly cozy and fresh. The whites and soft blues are just gorgeous!

Cassie Bustamante July 22, 2010 at 7:53 PM  

thanks so much for sharing my room! i actually am planning to paint the doors this weekend, then it will really be so much better! but that isn't going to be any fun!

simple~needs July 22, 2010 at 10:03 PM  

I LOVE THE ROOM!!! CASSIE , YOU CAn COME DO MINE ANYTIME.. OUR MASTER IS THE SAME SIZE AND ITS AL BROWN LIKE THE DOORS.. I HATE IT!!!!
do you want my addy??? lol

Unknown July 23, 2010 at 1:32 AM  

Cassie I love your new bed and bedding. And that blue dresser is divine. I think I had this same master bedroom three houses ago.
Thanks for sharing.
Traci

Betty Bake July 23, 2010 at 3:44 AM  

that is sooo nice. i love the blue chest of drawers - the curvy one :)
so very nice - well done!!!

Betty Bake

MJ July 23, 2010 at 7:47 AM  

The colors in your room are similar to mine (my bedroom is on my blog page) Ive also made many changes and am currently thinking of new ones. I love the color you painted the tall vintage dresser. Thats the color I have in mind for my walls...I love it! Can you tell me the color...I have a paint chip from Lowe's and wondering if its the same. lol I think your room is wonderful and that new duvet is gorgeous! Bravo!

Lisa July 27, 2010 at 4:28 PM  

I LOVE LVOE LOVE the bedding, and I've been looking for something EXACTLY like that...where did you find it??

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP