We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Mini Makeover- Jewelry Box; Guest

04 June 2010



Charity at All Things Beautiful has done, well,  a Beautiful job on this tiny piece of furniture.  


So I was out thrifting once again... and always wanted a jewelry box with compartments so I could have my "jewels" all nicely organized and separated.  As of now, they are all tossed in one box and I end up shaking them to hopefully allow the one I want to fall out of the crowd.  So I came upon this box for $5.99 and thought "Okay, this has different compartments.  I'll get it!"  Hmm, not enough compartments though.  But once again my daughter was going to a friends birthday party (3 weekends in a row -it's no wonder I thrift shop!) and decided to do up this little box for her friend.

Here is what it looked like when I bought it.  And $5.99 is pricey for this mess of a thing, but it has cute form!  And potential!!!


I primed it.


I thought a nice sunny yellow colour would look great and fun for a young girl.  The spray paint I used is actually called sunny yellow.  It also had a wind up music player in the back missing the turn knob, so I had one I saved from my daughters broken toy with the song from Sleeping Beauty: "Once Upon a Dream"  I love that song... "I know you I walked with you once upon a dream..."  Are you singing along with me?  


Okay, here is what the lovely lady looks like now:


Whoo hoo, look at that leg!


She has inner beauty as well!  What a fun blue!


Cute handles too!


Well, I think she turned out pretty.  And summery!!  She was almost too cute to give away.  Are you a fan of yellow?  What a way to brighten up a room!

So Cute!  I looks like a piece of 
furniture for a doll house, 
and I wish it were my doll.
How do you like it?

12 comments:

Unknown June 4, 2010 at 6:36 PM  

That jewelry box is SO super-cute! Can't wait to see more of your projects! :) Thanks for the follow, and I'm following you right back! :)

TaDa! Creations June 4, 2010 at 6:41 PM  

Oh I am so in love with this! It looks so much like my own dresser, now I'll be on the hunt for one too. The blue velvet is perfect with that yellow. I bet the lucky girl who gets this will be thrilled.

Brittany H June 4, 2010 at 8:15 PM  

That's adorable. I love you work. This is my new favorite blog. NOT even kidding. What kind of paint do you use?

Heidi June 4, 2010 at 8:22 PM  

That is adorable, I would have kept it for myself. I like yellow, esp. with blue and white. I had a yellow and white bedroom growing up, this would have been a favorite item of mine back then! For all my "jewels"!
Have a great weekend.
XO
Heidi - Heart and Home

Jocelyn June 4, 2010 at 8:56 PM  

Gorgeous! Love the pop of yellow! I don't know if I could have given it away either:-)

Anonymous,  June 4, 2010 at 10:35 PM  

This is absolutely adorable! I've never seen a jewelry box like this! You sure did punch her up with that happy yellow color! I love it.
You're just too good!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Unknown June 4, 2010 at 11:52 PM  

Well shoot that just turned out to be the cutest thing. I would have never thought of painting it a bold color like that. I just love it and the blue lining really pops. What a lucky girl to receive this.

Have a fun weekend. Hugs...Tracy :)

Charity June 4, 2010 at 11:54 PM  

Thanks so much for showing off my jewelry box. Now I really wish I had of kept it because I have been looking for another since for my daughter, but they are not as cute as this.

Thanks again!!

Heather June 5, 2010 at 11:33 AM  

Oh MY gracious!!! I am SOOO in love with this! I love all things yellow but this is a special treasure!! I have a yellow chair that matches exactly I found at a second hand store!! Beautiful job on this project!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP