We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Not Grandma's Cupboard! Furniture Re-do; Guest Post

12 May 2010

Katie from Impatiently Praying for Patience also sent this little number over. 
 It is a cute little makeover and I love the dish display!  Here's the full story:


It started out so tall.

A little too tall for our liking.

So we cut its legs down to size.




Then I used some Ikea stain and learned the moms are always right now matter what your age is. 




Then we learned the wonderous joys of spray paint.

In less then one day I had this:



Ahh, much better.

Off to Hobby Lobby we went or as my Nannie calls it, Roly-Polys and got some scrapbook paper.

So that the paper wouldn't be so bright I hired my Wild Man to help me stain it with coffee.



I agreed to pay him in Chicken nuggets.

Once the paper dried I have a neat backdrop.


Then go to Anthroplogie with blinders on and try you ever lovin best to only look at the knobs.

You fail, but don't get down for too long.

Then you fill it up with all the white dishes and a the small silver pieces that you can find.


Ta Da...




Much better now! 
And, don't you love that touch of pattern on the back!  
So fun!  What do you all think?

7 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest May 12, 2010 at 8:47 PM  

Your piece turned out great. It is amazing what a difference it made shortening the legs. It looks great. Love & blessings from NC!

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys May 13, 2010 at 9:38 PM  

Aaaah! I've been waiting for those very same Anthro knobs to go on sale as I want 22 of them for my kitchen cabinets. Love the re-do!!

Roshni May 26, 2010 at 5:40 PM  

wow! I like the idea of staining it with coffee..but doesn't the smell stay?

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP