We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Motorcycle Madness! Boys Room Art, Posh Pieces

27 May 2010

I am so happy to be visiting Remodelaholic again! Thanks Cassity for letting me crash here again.

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Shannon, and you can see more of my projects over here at Posh Pieces. I have been in the slow process of updating both my kids rooms. My little guy still sleeps in a crib and we are planning on building a bed for my daughter soon, and then giving her bed to my son. This week we finally got rid of his changing table and wall shelf quilt holder thing. Having those two items out of his room makes it look a lot less nursery like already. Now that all this nursery stuff is out, I I need to make something for a big boy room. Ever since I saw this picture in the PB catalog I knew that I had to create something like it. One problem.. my son isn't as crazy about fire trucks as he is motorcycles.

My son likes anything on wheels, but he definitely LOVES motorcycles. I went to Michaels and got a package of 3 canvas for $9.99. I had to get a few more paints, because I didn't have all the colors that I needed in my paint collection.
The first step in painting the motorcycle was to consult the internet, and collect all the motorcycles from around the house to reference. I found a bunch of images online of motorcycles that I liked and I referenced those as well as the toy motorcycles as I sketched the design with a pencil.
I placed all three of the canvas next to each other like they were one large canvas. I sketched my design on all of them so when they are put together it looks like they connect. Really hard to see in the image below, but if you look carefully you should see the pencil marks.
After I got the basic sketch down, I got out my paints and started painting. Pretty easy really. The hardest part was the sketch, but once I had that down it wasn't bad at all. I used acrylic paints because they are more forgiving. At one point, I put my arm in wet paint and then rested my arm on the white part of the canvas getting paint on it! Lucky for me because all I did was wipe it off with a damp paper towel and it all came right off. Whew! So there ya have it! My PB, kinda, lookalike!
Here it is hanging in my sons room. 





I feel like his room still looks like its missing something. I think its partially the adjustment from having a large changing table and the quilt rack over in the corner. After I get his big boy bed, and a few other details, I am sure it will come together nicely.

 

 Have a great weekend. Let me know what day it will go up so I can let my readers know where to find it. All the best Shannon

3 comments:

Kari May 27, 2010 at 8:47 AM  

I love this idea of 1 painting on 3 canvases! How clever and you did a GREAT job sketching/painting it!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP