We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

I Can! Craft Organizer Repurpose; Guest

28 May 2010

That way you too have the chance of being featured!


This is a great re-purpose project form  Me Making Do.  I thought I would highlight it, wouldn't it be cute in your craft room?



Sorry with as many cans we go through I have another can tutorial. I definately needed this one though to hold scissors, pencils and all my other gadgets.



I started out with six clean empty cans in the same size and painted each with Krylon srpay paint on the inside and outside.



Added glue to one side of one of a can.




Attached a second can to that and did the same and attached a third can. I repeated this with the following three cans.




Then I glued the first three to the second three.




I added extra glue to each joint to make sure it held better.




On mine there was a little space between the two middle cans, I just glued the other sides extra good.



Cut a long piece of this jute rope I just eyeballed it I didn't measure. It's for the handle.



Slipped one end of the rope through one side of the cans and glued the rope down.



Glued down the rope at the top of the cans and then did the same with the other side of the rope to the other side of the can.


After the rope was attached I took the container outside and sprayed another coat of spray paint all over including the rope.



I cut a strip of burlap as wide as I liked and long enough to fit around the cans, and glued it around, then cut some coordinating ribbon to go around on top of the burlap and glued it.




This is how I'm leaving mine cause it will be in my desk cupboard but if it's out to see I would embellish it more.



This is the embellishment from my soup can candlestick here I think that looks adorable and will have to make another one for my computer desk to sit out!!



Here is mine partially filled in My Craft Desk. Practically free just a few odds and ends I had. Don't you love it?

I love the colors and this is such a great idea!  
A great crafting idea, don't cha think?

11 comments:

memakingdo May 28, 2010 at 12:39 PM  

Wow! Thank you for featuring my Craft Can Organizer!!! I love your site!!!

Melinda May 28, 2010 at 1:01 PM  

That is cute! And imagine the possibilities! Wouldn't that be cute as a utensil holder for a party/bbq? Or to hold small toys in a playroom? Or to hold hair accessories?

Parenting in blue jeans May 28, 2010 at 2:06 PM  

Genius! Ohhh, and woudn't it be a cute way to do a little flower pot? You could even plant in plastic cups so that you can remove them. I can't wait to do this project!

Pam May 28, 2010 at 2:51 PM  

This is so clever and frugal AND cantastic! (sorry, I couldn't help the pun.) I LOVE it! Inventive and innovative. YEAH!

Tales From My Empty Nest May 29, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

This project is adorable and looks so easy! Thanks for sharing. I love it. Love & blessings from NC!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP