We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

The Great Wall of Storage; Guest

18 May 2010

I love me some built-ins!  adn Check this out... Need to store something?  I think there is plenty of room here.  Sandra at Sawdust and Paper Scraps has organized quite well, check out her new storage wall......




 I said I wanted to finish it in one week.  Thought it would probably take three.   It really took five, but who's counting?  After wasting the last 5 days shopping for baskets, trying them out, shopping some more, trying some more and returning all the ones I didn't want...I'm finally done. 


Here's what I did.

This is the wall of choice.  (For reference, the playhouse is on the same wall as that door on the left.)


I sketched a plan and started building.








(Please note the floor behind me---see, I really am very messy when I craft.)





Ha ha ha... I just threw together a quick sketch of what I wanted.  Didn't draw anything to scale.  My original plan was 2 shelving units with a craft counter in between.  Clearly that "in between" space is too wide.   I took a pencil and drew right on the wall to get a real size visual of my plan B.  (You may have to enlarge to see it.)






Built some more.



Maddie helped me iron on the edge banding.






Built and installed the upper cabinets.



Installed lights,



Countertop



I made a template so I could cut the countertop to the perfect shape and size.  It is just a stock counter piece from Lowe's.



 Created a magnetic/chalkboard/whiteboard/corkboard backsplash.


Installed moulding.




I applied upside-down baseboard and then crown to add some height as I wanted the moulding to go all the way to the ceiling.



Cut and installed shelves, then loaded them with "stuff".





  And this is the perfect spot for all those ugly plastic toys that don't fit in any bins.



Now we just have to gather up all the toys and kids craft supplies from their random hiding places throughout the house and move them in here. 


Beautiful!  I think I have died and gone to storage heaven!
What do you think?

10 comments:

Carrie May 18, 2010 at 2:07 PM  

I am so jealous!!! I want that in every room in my house. Love it!!

Sawdust Girl May 18, 2010 at 2:28 PM  

Thanks for the nice feature Cassity. I spent about $250 not including all the baskets and bins which I have to say added up. There are a LOT of baskets and bins.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} May 18, 2010 at 3:41 PM  

This is a ton of storage for your buck and space saving to boot! Love it! Great job!


-heather

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic May 18, 2010 at 6:32 PM  

Wow! A wall of shelves will hold a huge amount of stuff! How wonderful to have so much storage!

Rebecca@This Present Life May 18, 2010 at 7:54 PM  

I would LOVE to have that kind of storage at my house! I am so jealous! When you have a chance, Cassity, go check out my blog. I'm awarding you the Versatile Blogger Award because I think your blog is fantastic!

http://happybabydesigns.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-first-award.html

Tales From My Empty Nest May 18, 2010 at 11:51 PM  

I would feel the same way. Storage heaven here you come!!! It looks wonderful. Glad things are shaping up. Take it easy this week!! Love & blessings from NC!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP