We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Entre Vous; Entry Decor, Guest Contributor

11 May 2010



I was sooo thrilled when Cassity contacted me asking if I'd be interested in contributing a monthly guest post for her super awesome blog. Gee, I better have a little think about that one....ummm. Of course, there was really only one answer and it started with a big fat 'Y'....YES, YES, YES please! I'm still a bit of a baby blogger and there'll be lots of readers out there who aren't familiar with me yet. My blog, The Painted Hive, is dedicated to beautiful and liveable interior design and decoration on a budget: thrifty home hints, DIY projects and tutorials, lots of furniture re-hab and beautiful decorating inspiration. For my first guest post on Remodelaholic I thought I'd blog about a space in my own home to give readers a chance to distinguish my style so here's a glimpse inside my little entryway.
At only 1.1 meters deep x 1.6 meters wide (3.5 x 5.2 feet) it doesn't even rate a mention on the floor plan! An inch either side of the photo below and you're straight into the living room or hallway.
Sorry, I don't have a before pic though if you can imagine a little undressed space with worn beige berber carpet, timber toned trim and a dirty apple green wall that's pretty much it!
I knew early on that I wanted wallpaper somewhere in my house and this space seemed the perfect candidate - its location is discreet enough not to dictate the tone for the entire house though perfectly positioned to create a nice impression.
I took Mum along to help choose and am so glad I did. I was drooling over all the bold metallics and colourful patterns though practical Mum thankfully steered me in a more neutral direction. Don't get me wrong, I love the statement a strikingly 'dressed' wall can make though my fickle self would have been bored with it in five minutes (while I do still admire the vintage tones and subtle print of my chosen 'outfit' - and it doesn't strictly govern any near-by decor).

We painted the trim white and re-carpeted then waited for an appropriately priced and proportioned piece of furniture to come along. You see, when the front door is opened it leaves a clearance of only 30cm (12 inches) so whatever I chose needed to be accordingly narrow. Eventually, a lovely weathered cedar console showed up - perfect! I had envisioned all white against the wallpaper though the tone in this table seemed just right as is.
I must confess, I change the decor around in my home ALL THE TIME (much to hubby's annoyance) though currently have the console adorned with clearance and thrift store finds, fresh lavendar and rosemary, some re-purposed knick-knacks and a few special pieces.
 Hope you like it! You can check out the item origins and price breakdown at The Painted Hive in this post. Of course, it's all been done on a budget!

8 comments:

Shaunna May 11, 2010 at 7:28 AM  

LOVE Kristine!! She's one of my favorites to read...thanks for featuring her! And I love the entry!

DesignTies May 11, 2010 at 9:58 AM  

What a charming entry :-) I made my way over to The Painted Hive after reading this guest post, and I'll be a regular visitor for sure. Kristine's blog and projects are beautiful :-)

Kelly

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP