We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

What the Craft! Another Awesome Crafting Space!

26 April 2010

Craft rooms are definitely all the rage at the moment and Kellie from This Blessed Nest sent me hers today!  I love the details (especially the blue mason jars)...  Here is her craft room!


All or most of the "before" pics of the craft room (mess & all) are in it's first post.  You can see Part 1, by clicking here.

This is part 2...

How we did it on a dime, scrap, or from the trash:

The peg board:
2ft x 4ft @ Home Depot for $3.88.
I painted it with a roller 3 times from our left over paint via Benjamin Moore ~ "Oceanfront"


I purchased a peg accessory box from Home Depot, used a spice rack to store the craft paint, mini curtain rods to house the ribbon, and had a few flat sided buckets & trays to make it all work.
We used last year's garden stakes to frame in around the back of the peg board so that it would rest an inch away from the wall.


This cubby unit, I have had for-ever!  It's an old store fixture.  The blue pint mason jars I found on eBay, & labeled some of the jars with Zinc labels via Melissa's shop (The Inspired Room's Open Sky.)


I love the zinc tags paired with the blue mason jars.  Such a great vintage look.


Someone asked me. "Where in the world is your printer?"  So this pic is for you.  It's just "nestled" in, but it works.  I for one, am glad it is not the first thing you see when you come in the room. ***you can also see the frame around the inside of the peg board in this pic, as well.***


My desk & chair we have had for about 4 years.  I earned the money for both by a 2 day garage sale.  I kid you not!  I love the desk & chair for the classic look.  The dry erase calendar is from Wal-Mart.  The ribbon bulletin board was $2.00 from an estate sale that I jazzed up a bit.

Now...for the cutest little framed pin cushion:


I love how this turned out! The frame is from the Liberty of London Collection via Target $3.99


I think this corner is my favorite section of the craft room.  It's where vintage meets a little modern with a twist of trash junk to jewel thrown in.  Also, has a little family heirlooms as well. (the cedar library table,  large blue Mason canisters, & my Mom's retro aqua sewing machine.)


My inspiration board is literally from the trash.  I did a separate post here.


My old boring brass tray table...before...


AFTER!  with credit due to Krylon Ocean Breeze Blue spray paint for the table & the lamp below.
The window treatment, (in case you missed it the first time post, because it is worth a second mention) was made by me!!!  It is a NO-SEW roman shade found from Full House by the talented Little Green Notebook
I Am A Child of God poster found here.


This lamp was in the trash!  But I rescued her, years ago.  She has never looked so good. ;)


Here's the low down on my wrapping unit.  We used a old closet pre-drilled shelving unit that was left from the previous owners of our home.  The hanger rail brackets worked perfectly for holding the rail & scraps of molding we had.  I prefer shorter rolls of wrapping paper, so the combination of everything worked beautifully together.  Plus, I have room for more when my inventory grows.


Down below the wrapping paper is where I house larger rolls of paper or shipping supplies.  It works perfectly for my needs & this space.  Not to mention it was FREE after using a little imagination.


Today, I had the pleasure of showing this room off to my Mom for the first time.  Who is my inspiration, teacher, cheerleader, my best friend, and the best DIY-er I've EVER known.  Yet again, I felt like a kid in a candy store showing off all my sweet, cheap, crafting treats.  I think I like this room more everyday, if that's possible.  Thanks for allowing me to talk about it again. 

Have a lovely weekend!

What are your favorite features of this room?

23 comments:

Grammy Suzzy April 26, 2010 at 5:11 PM  

Oh, my goodness...where do I begin! This craft room is heaven! I love the pegboard!!! That is just super fantastic...and so cheap! And the lamp...I find lamps at yard sales and so forget that those awful things CAN be painted! This is not just a craft room, this is a retreat! I know I should not covet, but....

Kelley April 26, 2010 at 5:25 PM  

I love the color..and the peg board...and the mason jars. ( I am a big fan of mason jars and use them in my craft room too. They are just so handy.)
I love how you used what you had and it looks fab!

Unknown April 26, 2010 at 5:29 PM  

I love love love the Krylon Ocean Breeze spray paint. Your office/craft space is lovely. So many favorites, but I think I would sneak that cute made-over lamp home with me if I could.

:) Laura

this mum' s world April 26, 2010 at 5:53 PM  

I love it all.. Thanks for this post, I need to work on my creatrive space/computer desk badly & you've given me great inspiration!!
http://thismumsworld.blogspot.com/

Powers Fam April 26, 2010 at 6:01 PM  

There is so much to love in this room! I love the lamp and the pin cushion/frame idea! So much cuter than the red tomato I'm using currently. I also love her wrapping paper station. I'm now trying to think of a way to incorporate that into my own craft room. Thanks for sharing!

Charity April 26, 2010 at 6:34 PM  

well, so glad you love her as much as i do. She is even sweeter than this craft room is cute. You should all check out her whole blog.

Cha Cha

Jeni G April 26, 2010 at 6:53 PM  

This is a great room full of so much inspiration! Thanks for sharing.

nest of posies April 26, 2010 at 9:44 PM  

thank you so much for the feature!
AND thanks for all the sweet comments about the room!
i am thrilled you choose to feature it. i really do feel like twirling everytime i walk into this room! i love it.

p.s. to anyone wondering...yes. it is an attic room with an A-frame popcorn (ugh!) ceiling. it was a challenge to come up with storage solutions that would fit the a-frame walls & ceiling, but i think we finally made it all work!

miniannalee April 26, 2010 at 9:53 PM  

I love it all. I am always interested in seeing what other craft rooms look like.

Tales From My Empty Nest April 26, 2010 at 10:16 PM  

Great craft room filled with wonderful ideas. Thanks for sharing. Love & blessings from NC!

Heidi April 26, 2010 at 10:51 PM  

OH my!! Everytime I visit here I go away inspired to do something - this time I really will get in the craft/mess/catch-all room and start organizing. So many great ideas...where do I begin? I love them all, esp. the use of the frames and the old jars - so pretty and practical. Thanks so much for the wonderful inspiration.
XO
Heidi - Heart and Home

* Nancy * April 26, 2010 at 11:01 PM  

your craft room looks AWESOME! what a good feeling to have your room organized and customized by you!

jenifer April 27, 2010 at 12:04 AM  

wo love the way you dress up those small places and the lamp on the table looks so cool

Faith's Place April 27, 2010 at 6:24 AM  

I love your craft room!! The combination of colors is my favorite! I have been wanting to paint my craft room a light blue, but I like how you used the colors with the painted peg board and bulletin boards instead of on the walls....LOVE it!

Brenna April 27, 2010 at 11:28 AM  

O.M.G. I'm IN LOVE with this room! In love. So creative and visionary. I'm so inspired! Thanks for sharing.

Emma @ emmanemhandmade April 28, 2010 at 3:39 PM  

Wow I am beyond jealous! That looks amazing, and so organized! love it.

-Emma
http://www.emmanemhandmade.blogspot.com/

Ladybug April 30, 2010 at 11:41 AM  

Found your site totally by fluke and became a follower lickety-split! LOVE your craft space!
TFS all of your ideas! :-)

Linda
http://ladybuglair.blogspot.com/

If you wanna see a "messy" space, check out my blog! :-)

Casa Linda Brasil June 8, 2011 at 3:19 PM  

Outstanding post, instructive pictures, and fantabulous taste!
Thank you for the post!
Noelle

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP