We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

A Sweet Little Remodel! Bathroom Remodel; Guest Project

30 April 2010

This is a party link from a few weeks ago that I am just getting around too, but check out the new look, I think it is Perfect!  It is Alisa, of the Sweet Life's bathroom remodel.


I have finally finished my bathroom....here is the super sad before. Pretty patch on the wall where we had to cut it open to get to pipes that go to the shower in the other bathroom. Lovely tile and a pretty sweet looking vanity wouldn't you say? No? really? 

What isn't in this picture is the pretty slab mirror, horrible lights and chrome faucet. Sweet, I know....but I think it's a tad better now. 

DSCF4461
The pictures aren't great because let's face it, trying to take pictures in a tiny bathroom with no natural light just isn't that easy. I think you can get the idea anyway.

IMG_4638


Most of the upgrade involved paint. I scraped the popcorn off the ceiling and repainted it. I also painted the big shelf on the wall & the little shelf. My dad was kind enough to make me new door fronts {love them} and drawer fronts for the vanity. We installed new lighting, new sink {only because the old on cracked...oops}, faucet, hardware and new tile on the floor.

IMG_4649
All of that has been done for a while now, but the new tile on the vanity is what I finally finished up this week. It's hard finding a good time to have no water in your main bathroom for a few days. It wasn't too bad though...we managed.

I have never tiled before so this was a new experience for me. It was fun and not too hard at all. I chose the tiny tile for 2 reasons. I liked how it looked and it wouldn't require any tile cutting.....and they just happened to be on clearance at Lowes....yippee! 

I had already decided on the same ones from Home Depot, but thought I would give a looksee at what Lowes had and score....only $6 a sheet vs $10 a sheet {12x12}.

IMG_4646
I probably didn't do anything the right way, but hey all the tiles are still in place several days later so it's all good. I tiled right over my laminate counter top. I scored it with a knife {lots....it was kinda fun} so the tile would have something good to adhere to. I also took the original back splash off and side splash off and just tiled up the wall. My dad said it would be fine and dads know everything, right? So that's what I did.

Ah, finally done. 

Except for that towel bar that got ripped out of the wall the other day....guess I need to go find something else. 
It's always something.


It looks wonderful! 
Thanks for linking up to the party.  
Speaking of partying you still have time to join,




5 comments:

Alisa April 30, 2010 at 6:25 PM  

Well, imagine my shock when I logged into google reader and there was my bathroom! I thought I had goofed up and accidentally reposted something {that is totally something I would manage to do}.

Thanks so much for the feature! It's been over a month and all my tiles are still in place so I guess tiling over laminate is OK!

Thanks again!

Katy April 30, 2010 at 6:52 PM  

That's cute! love it!
and LOLing at tiling over counters -- I just wrote a tutorial on building and tiling counters and I said the same thing -- go right over that old laminate, people! :P
I love that huge shelf over the toilet too.

Tales From My Empty Nest April 30, 2010 at 9:32 PM  

Your bathroom turned out great! I know you are proud of it. I love the tile over the existing countertop. It looks very nice. Love & blessings from NC!

Unknown May 1, 2010 at 10:06 AM  

This looks awesome. Do you know if it is ok to tile over vinyl on the floor too? Thanks!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP