We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Eat up! Kitchen Decor, Guest Project

25 April 2010

I wanted to show a few details from Cha Cha's kitchen over at Sit, Relax and Read that I really enjoyed seeing at one of our Friday's parties.  Here are two of her simple projects that I think are really fun.

So, have you ever had an idea rolling around in your head.  One that you weren't sure that other people would understand.  

I have had an idea like that for awhile.  I have wanted a huge fork and spoon and  I finally got the nerve up to do something about it.  I searched on Ebay for a couple of weeks until just the right set came up for auction, when they did I snatched them up.  On a side note if you sale something on Ebay, please be kind enough to take the 50 cent yard sale sticker off the back before you ship it.  Please.  I am all for you making a profit, but you don't have to rub it in.


 

So aren't they beautiful, I know you are jealous, aren't you.
Don't worry, I have a plan.





Don't they look better,  amazing what a little black spray paint can do.




After the spray paint, Sweet Daddy built a frame for them.  Then, I got busy painting and this is what I ended up with. So what do you think?




You lovelies know how much I love my kitchen right?  Just in case you didn't let me just tell you,  I am pretty sure it is my favorite room in the whole house and the first room in the house that feels really like me.  It is a little traditional, a little country, a little modern, and a little retro vintage. Who knew all of that could live together in harmony?  I think all of those things describe me as well as my style, if you know me in real life feel free to comment if you think that is a good description of me and my kitchen.  As much as I love my kitchen I have a few more projects to do before it is complete.  One of those projects was this sad little corner, it had no excitement or interest happening and just looked a little unloved.


(Isn't the vintage stool the cutest,  Hubby gave to me a few years ago)

 Well, all of that changed after a visit to this weeks Friend, Emily's blog.  Emily had the cutest sign hanging over her kitchen table and as soon as I saw it, I knew I would be doing it for my sad little corner.  If you missed her version check out my interview with her here.

So for my birthday the girls got me these cute MDF letters from Micheal's


I got busy painting them,  I used the same color as my cabinets and then trimed the edge in red.  The red trim idea was from my wonderful husband.  I was originally going to paint the whole letters red, but it was a little too much, but then the cream seemed a little boring, so in came hubby with his great idea to save the day.


I love the outcome and my little kitchen corner is sad no more.





Great Job Cha Cha.  
I need to hang some things up on the walls in my kitchen.  
In fact, I think I am inspired to try something out!
Do you have any fun kitchen projects that you have been up to lately?


4 comments:

Onna April 25, 2010 at 9:31 PM  

I love all things about this kitchen but my fav are the large spoon and fork and the chair. My grandmother had a large spoon and fork in her kitchen and that stool is EXACTLY like the one I sat on growing up in my other grandmothers kitchen. Now I MUST have both things in my kitchen!
LOVE IT!

Handbags*and*Pigtails April 26, 2010 at 6:45 AM  

OMG! I just bought the exact same fork & spoon at a church yard sale this weekend! I wont tell you what I paid for them:) LOVE your idea and love the paint! I too had been searching for a set for a long time!
Sarah
handbagsnpigtails.blogspot.com

nest of posies April 26, 2010 at 9:36 PM  

this is the kind of kitchen that has the best conversations & the best meals! one that has both labor of love over cooking the meals AND decorating & remodeling.
but the best part of this kitchen is the owner. who is one of THE best in blogland & in real life. i love that i can say i met cha cha through blogland & became such sweet friends thereafter!!!

Charity April 27, 2010 at 8:25 PM  

Thank you for featuring me, it was such a nice surprise. I have had a crazy week and have not gotten to visit many blogs, then I saw my friend kellie was talking about us both being here and I came to see what the talk was all about. I am so honored, I love your site and count it a blessing to be included here.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP