We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Craft Haven: Guest Craft Room Before and After

20 April 2010

This party link is just up my alley right now, as I too, am trying to organize my creative space.  I think the new calming space is great!  (although I have to admit I like the bright before as well!  Am I the only one that likes both spaces?)  Here is the  Big Reveal from Persnickety Peacock.


If you follow my blog, you've heard about my office for a while.  When I first moved into my house (about six years ago), I was much more interested in bright and vibrant colors.  So, when I decorated...I went for crazy, lively, and busy.
 
 
Now that I've progressed past my 20s (don't you like that wording), I've decided I like calming colors and lots of organization.  Here is the new look and a narrative of what has changed.
This is my work station...I love it.
Previously, I had a curtain that hid shelves.  When I redecorated the office, I added a wall with double folding doors.  It looks much more organized and really finishes off the room (although I'm not showing what is behind them).
I wish I had a picture of the terrible light fixture that was in my office previously.  I picked a chandelier from a fabulous antique shop in my area (Dupree's).
I added a cutting table which also provides additional counter space.
Best part of the cutting table...it folds down too.  Oh, and I sewed new curtains (which need to be fixed on one side, so I'm not going to show you a wider picture).
I added these built-ins when I first moved in to my house, but I did purchase new drawer knobs during the redecoration.  I like this glitzy look, and I think they go well with the new chandelier.
A close-up of the new knobs.
This fabric was the inspiration for the wall color.  I found it at Fabric and Fringe, and brought it in with the chair cushions and this idea board. **The idea board will be Tuesday's tutorial.
I kept the white photo storage boxes.  They hold crafting supplies and not photos.
I purchased these glass jars at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and used them to organize my ribbon.  They bring in a tiny punch of color.
I used a magnetic knife organizer from The Container Store for my collection of sewing scissors.
This might be my favorite functional item...I attached serge protectors under each side of my desk.  Now I can plug in my sewing machine, serger, iron, lamp, phone, stamp embosser, etc., all at once.
I spray painted these thread organizers, and hung them behind my sewing machines.
These came from a local thrift store, and I spray painted them for a clean look.
I love these tiles.  I purchased them at A Classy Flea, and I updated them with some glossy white spray paint.  Oh, and I moved my white file cabinet out from the closet to use as more counter space.
This is my least favorite area...it is a little crowded and messy.  However, everything I have out is something I use on a regular basis.
What do you think?  I love it!  It is definitely my personality, and every time I walk by...I smile!

The space is absolutely wonderful, 
it makes me want to sew something right now! 
What do you all think?

19 comments:

SunShineyRain April 20, 2010 at 5:16 PM  

Love the white!!I too have made the big switch from bold and bright to soft and comforting. I may just have to steel the knife organizer idea, my peg board is full. Looks great!!

Infarrantly Creative April 20, 2010 at 5:21 PM  

Wow that is beautiful. Mine is still bright...maybe I need to mature a little. Tee hee ;-)

Suzanne April 20, 2010 at 6:00 PM  

I know you don't know me, but please scoot over cause I'm moving in. Seriously, that is such a beautiful space for creating!

Anonymous,  April 20, 2010 at 6:25 PM  

amazing! I love how serene it is! beautiful space to create, live and dream! :)

Marie April 20, 2010 at 6:46 PM  

Oh my! Love your room. White has such a calming effect. I'm slowing adding more of it in my rooms and it makes such a difference. Thank you for the inspiration!

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

LaurieAnna's Vintage Home April 20, 2010 at 6:46 PM  

I am totally diggin this....and your blog! I'm scratching my head though, trying to figure out how I've not found you before now!! Love your blog! ~LA

jacque4u2c April 20, 2010 at 7:00 PM  

Mouth still hanging on floor - drool all over my keyboard!!! i just love it!

Cynthia April 20, 2010 at 7:33 PM  

Very nice! I love the serene colors too. Maybe it's because life gets crazier we want colors that are less so as we age? Whatever it is, your room looks great! I had a space with many of the same elements you have in your room. I miss it. Enjoy!

{Emily} April 20, 2010 at 7:56 PM  

I have to know more about the fabric you used for inspiration. It's calling my name! Do you know who makes it or what it's called?

Kasey April 20, 2010 at 8:35 PM  

I like both looks! I must say I'm a little jealous of your space and room. Someday I'm hoping to have a craft room, and learn how to sew. Great job. Happy creating!!

Nancy Wyatt April 20, 2010 at 8:58 PM  

LOVE IT, I wish my room was as big as that so that I could install counterspace like this!!!

I would love for you to stop in at my place when you have time. on my blog there is a flickr link to my studio. I can't decide if I want to paint my walls into something more serene and drop the pattern I used? I was trying to go for classy with a touch of girly pink. www.lovestocreate.com *hugs from conroe, tx!

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} April 20, 2010 at 9:11 PM  

Great space! I love the more calming effect of the white room. The accessories are to die for! Love that chandelier!

Mrs. Micek April 20, 2010 at 10:17 PM  

I just found your blog and I'm in LOVE with your gorgeous room! I wish I had one exactly like it! You are a genius in my book!! :) LOVE IT!!!

www.somewhereinstitches.blogspot.com May 23, 2010 at 9:40 PM  

I love the shabby touch . nice clean room to craft in. Debbie Kellly
http://somewhereinstitches.blogspot.com

Anonymous,  August 10, 2010 at 9:06 AM  

I love both the old and the new. In your old one where did you get those pink drawers? I am trying to learn how to organize and those would be perfect. Also, any interest in redoing my craft room haha. I haven't gotten anything done it is a mess and this gives me some inspiration thanks! Paula

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP