We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Beautiful Bedroom 101, Guest Project

21 April 2010

Are you ready for a beautiful transformation?  I am in love with this room!
LaurieAnna of LaurieAnna's Vintage home has some major abilities,
 I need to point out that they did this all within 6 months of moving in, uh WOWZERS!
Check out this bedroom makeover.  Here is what she had to say.


I'm eager to share our latest room makeover at 5th Place Cottage! I hope I don't bore you to tears with the large amount of photos!...


Challenges were of plenty in this room, but this once dark and musty room is now as fresh as a daisy! 


The antique Victorian cabinet in the corner was painted Cottage linen and not only looks great, it provides desperately needed storage for linens in this tiny cottage.  Shhhhhh......there's a tv hiding in there too.


I found this treasure at Hector and Susie's place, Fundustrial in Warrenton / Round Top last Fall.
The huge mirror helps to enlarge the small room, I snagged it from Marcie and Mayron.    
Check out the bed crown....its a zinc range hood in "as found" condition!  We found this at the Fredericksburg Trade Days last year. 
 I hung our smocked white bed throws inside of it to create a canopy.  Isn't the mix wonderful?!
Hubby hung a small prism chandy from the shoppe inside.....it makes the perfect reading light.
Look at the amazing detail in the vintage vent-a-hood.  And the perfect amount of rusty patina!  
The greenery is compliments of a tree in the sideyard....don't you love simple greenery!

The sheer white smocked top drapes let in beautiful filtered light.
I bought this heavy antique iron bed from Lillie of the Junk Palace on our girl's road trip last year...it's perfect for 5th Place. 


Crew member Bekah-doodle (Rebekah) made this beautiful white linen bedding for me.
Painting the floors white was an adventure that paid off big in this room!  I fell in love with the white floors on the Swedish blogs and knew I had to try it.  We may paint all the floors of 5th Place white.....over time.
Small architectural things always make it into the decorating details of my rooms....they feel like art to me.
It's so nice to see these before I go to sleep.
A collection of random brushes are tucked under the cloche.
I've collected vintage baby dresses for a long time....they are so much prettier framed and hung on the wall.  The backdrop....what else but bleached burlap.

A vintage flip top dining table paired with a burlap slipcovered chair makes the perfect desk for this space!
What are those big dome things you might ask....they are a pair of iron industrial harbor lights....just wonderful!
Vintage petite fish bowls on a tray make the perfect desk organizer!




I love the way the sunlight plays on the white floor....this room feels so fresh and I'm so pleased with the finished result.

And so you can really truly appreciate our efforts, check out the transformation in the before and after photos!



Are ya diggin it?  Tell me what you think!!


EDIT!  **  Sorry about the giveaway announcement, that was from Laurie's post 
and I didn't remember to delete it.  

Now are you in love too?  I would be, wait I am!

20 comments:

Rachael West April 21, 2010 at 12:50 PM  

Ooooh I am digging that room, and how about those two awesome hourglasses you are giving away sweet!

Amy April 21, 2010 at 1:31 PM  

I love the room, and I have always wanted an hourglass (or two)! How awesome!

Amanda Joy Petersen April 21, 2010 at 1:34 PM  

I love how crisp but calm it feels. I need my babies to get older so that I can do things like this:)

TheSmellyArmpit April 21, 2010 at 1:47 PM  

WOW! This looks like a Bed&Breakfast! Very pretty!!!!

MageeMommy
http://mageebaby.blogspot.com
cindyloumagee (at) yahoo (dot) com

shirley elizabeth April 21, 2010 at 1:48 PM  

That cottage bedroom is AMAZING! I want one!

Oh and I want those beautiful hour glasses!

lime April 21, 2010 at 1:57 PM  

The room transformation is amazing--the end result spectacular! And I am in love with the hourglasses!!!
Thanks!
rachelbleavitt@gmail.com

Sarah April 21, 2010 at 2:01 PM  

I love all of the fresh neutrals! I can't believe how good the bush from the yard looks! I'm doing that as soon as I get home.

Remodelaholic April 21, 2010 at 2:11 PM  

I just want to apologize about not removing the hourglass giveaway. That was from Laurie's original post, and I think it has already ended, but you can definitely go check it out at her blog!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here April 21, 2010 at 2:28 PM  

This is one of my favorite bedrooms ever! Laurie's style is amazing. I was the lucky winner of the hour glasses from Laurie Anna's Vintage home...they are wonderful.

paperjunk-lc April 21, 2010 at 3:50 PM  

LaurieAnna's is such a pleasure to see in person and she and her staff are a delight. If you ever are in Canton during 1st Monday her store and booth are a MUST SEE!

Olivia April 21, 2010 at 4:17 PM  

Oh my goodness this room turned out fabulous! Please come to my house and paint! LOL I love EVERYTHING you did and the walls are much softer in the new shade! If you have a moment please stop by http://shabbychictreasures.blogspot.com I am giving away a pretty rose teapot for the month of April! Hugs,
Olivia

LaurieAnna's Vintage Home April 21, 2010 at 11:47 PM  

Aww, not only was this such a sweet post, but it's even sweeter when I read comments from my friends! Thank you for featuring this and for the smile today! ~LA

this mum' s world April 23, 2010 at 5:55 AM  

This is one of THE most lovely bedrooms I've seen in a long, long time! I'm Visiting you from I'm Lovin' It Fridays & I'm certainly lovin' it!!!
http://thismumsworld.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP