We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Marinated Tomato Toast and a Recipe Party

31 March 2010

Sorry that I am late with today's recipe.  I have been having technical difficulties... but I think I am finally back up and running sorta.

Today, I have a recipe that is easy and delicious.
And it makes me feel like summer is here... which I guess it really almost is.


Anyway,  my mom has a recipe for a marinated tomato slice salad.  The other day, I thought it would be fun to make them, but I have a problem with following recipes... I guess it is the "Remodelaholic" in me.  I just am always adding things, or leaving things out  that I don't feel like eating, and this recipe was no exception.  I changed it up a bit.  

See, I like tomatoes, but not SO much that I want to eat them and nothing else, I guess its a texture thing.  So, I added some balsamic vinegar, cause what could be better than that, put it on some toast and then for good measure I added fresh mozzarella cheese (I think I might have gone crazy with it, but I love mozzarella).

I am telling you, this is good.  (can you tell that I like food a lot? I am always going off about how good things are...)   Well, here is the recipe, and FYI, we eat this alone as a meal, but it could always be a side dish or an appetizer.

Marinated Tomato Toast
Serves about 6

1 loaf of Sourdough bread (thick, chewy, crusty kind, not soft and airy!)
Slice, and toast each piece till nice and crusty



5-6 Roma Tomatoes
Scald these in a large saucepan for about 1 minute.  Plunge into cold water and peel.  Slice into 1/4 inch thick slices and place close together on a large rimmed cookie sheet (or oven proof platter)



Prepare the marinade.  In a medium bowl combine together :
1/2 c Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice (fresh)
2-3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
2-3 chopped green onions ( the first time I made this I used dried green onions cause I was out of fresh)
1-2 large Garlic cloves (fresh, crushed)
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp salt


Fresh Mozzarella

Now drizzle the marinade over the tomato slices and top with sliced mozzarella.


Broil fro approx 5 minutes or until the cheese is melting and just starting to bubble.
Remove from oven and they will look sorta like this:
 

At this point there is a lot of juice from the tomatoes and marinade on the bottom of the cookie sheet,
 you can dip your bread in this(it is really good and then place some tomato slices on your bread and enjoy!


What have you been making lately?
Recipe Links only please:

10 comments:

Thelittlebrownhouse.us March 31, 2010 at 11:33 AM  

Your recipe looks amazing!! I wish I had some right now! And I just ate breakfast!

Thanks so much for hosting -

:) March 31, 2010 at 12:56 PM  

That looks AMAZING!I can't wait to try it when I have my own money and a better kitchen!

Polly @ Pieces by Polly March 31, 2010 at 1:12 PM  

I think I'll go make this for lunch with the kids right now. We don't have the right kind of bread, so I'm going to make our own Focaccia. I posted the recipe for it in your linky. Thank you!

MrsJenB March 31, 2010 at 1:32 PM  

So happy to be sharing today! And that bread looks phenomenal - do I spy some avocado on the side? Seriously, I could house the entire thing right now. Amazing!!!

Ramsey March 31, 2010 at 4:09 PM  

This looks DELISH!!! I was trying to think of something light for dinner tonight and I think I found it.

Polly @ Pieces by Polly March 31, 2010 at 8:43 PM  

We had this for lunch and it was delicious! I just used half the oil and it was great. Thanks you!

BLJ Graves Studio March 31, 2010 at 9:16 PM  

Your marinated tomato toast looks really good. I will certainly give it a try. :-)

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP