We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

It's What's Inside That Counts! Rolo Cookies

24 March 2010

When Justin and I were first dating I went to a little family party, and his sister's had made these:

They are peanut-butter Rolo cookies, and they happen to be the best cookie in the world.... basically.  I think though, that this may be the last time I am ever allowed to make these because they are just too good to have in the house!  Which means the only place these babies are sticking around is my hips.  You've been warned.

An interesting thing about these cookies, is they are best when completely cool.  I am all about fresh, hot cookies usually, but these cookies are the exception.  When they cool the, caramel gets back to it chewy self and the yumminess factor is quadrupled.  (oh and if you just want a good Peanut Putter cookie, ex-nay on the rolo-ay, these are great too.  But, in that case, eat them hot!)


Peanut Butter Rolo Cookies
makes a lot.... 
(sorry I don't have an exact number 
probably about 48, I usually use a whole bag of Rolos)


In a mixer or with beaters, cream together:
1 c granulated sugar
1 c brown sugar
1 c shortening (I am sure you could use butter)
1 c peanut butter
Add:
2 eggs
4 Tbsp Evaporated milk (*see note at bottom)
Add:
3 cups flour (I did half white and half wheat, you can't tell)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

1 bag Rolos

Bake 350 for 12 to 15 minutes.
* I didn't want to open a can of evaproated milk just for this (and end up wasting the rest), so I added powdered milk to regular milk.  According to my little internet search Evaporated milk is 60% more condensed, so by adding the powdered milk to regular milk it made it more condensed, and worked as a fine substitute.

When your dough is all prepared, you will want a medium size cookie scoop to make it easier.  If you don't have one, roll the cookies into balls, press the Rolos in the bottom and cover the bottom of the Rolo.

Instructions for adding Rolos
1. Scoop
2. Press Rolo into center
3. Push edges over Rolo
4. Remove excess dough
5. Place on sheet bake 
6. Aftre baked, press down to spread rolo out through the inside
7. Remove onto wire rack and allow to cool


   



Please Link A Recipe!

16 comments:

Lafe's Hidden Treasures March 24, 2010 at 7:12 AM  

mmmmm they sound delicious! I have had brownies with Reeses cup in the middle...oh Thanks for sharing.

Suzanne March 24, 2010 at 7:19 AM  

These sound fabulous. I don't need the extra inches on my hips, but these sound too good to pass up. Rolos are one of my favorite chocolates!

Happy Mom March 24, 2010 at 7:34 AM  

Ooooohhhhh. I'd better not make these. My all time favorite combination is nuts, chocolate and caramel and I'm a peanut butter FIEND!

My hips have been spreading and I'm running and eating better. This could the whole process.

(but I bookmarked it! Hopefully that's not sabatoging myself!)

Anonymous,  March 24, 2010 at 7:54 AM  

OMG I LOVE Rolos! I haven't had them in forever but I used to eat them all the time back in the day. I will surely be making these cookies!!

Sandy a la Mode March 24, 2010 at 8:16 AM  

omg, i haven't had rolos in AGES, seriously it's probably been 10 years! this makes me want to go buy a pack right now!

Stephanie March 24, 2010 at 10:11 AM  

ummmm yum! i have added macaroons before to pb cookies but never rolo's - that is close to genius ;)

Lisa~ March 24, 2010 at 12:44 PM  

Sweet! I have to take cookies to a function this weekend. These look perfect! Thanks for sharing. Lisa~

Grace March 24, 2010 at 2:22 PM  

These look amazing! They might derail my diet, but they look so good. Thanks for sharing!

Sweet Little Smoothie March 24, 2010 at 7:05 PM  

Ooooooh these look amazing! I've never seen these before. I can't wait to try them out!!

a little bit of everything March 24, 2010 at 9:42 PM  

Hi, Just found your blog and have become a follower. I invite you to do the same! Enjoying reading through you blog...

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP