We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

This is MY old house...

02 February 2010

From the time I was about 5 years old I liked to watch This Old House on TV.  Well, the truth is that as a child I was not allowed to watch any TV on weekdays.  On the weekends, particularly Saturday, all the kids had to do our chores before we were allowed to watch any cartoons.  That meant we usually missed the kid shows before we were done with the long list of to dos that accompanies a big family.

Basically we were desperate to watch something, so we usually watched PBS's shows, This Old House, New Yankee Workshop and Hometime (do you remember that show?).  It was like pre-HGTV and I loved it.


Well, we don't have TV now.  I am glad, it gives me a lot more free time (and there is always Hulu for Lost and Biggest Loser!!), but I miss watching This Old House, I do subscribe to the magazine and emails though.  I really enjoy reading them, and seeing how they change things, and thinking what I would have done in their situation.

The other day I sent over a few projects and they put them up on their website!  They may do this to all the submissions, but I was super excited.

Here are the links:

Chicken Coop from Scraps
Bathroom Cabinet From Scraps
How to Get Larger Base Moldings

Check them out and please rate them... hopefully nicely!  I would love the chance to get published...

10 comments:

Kristy February 2, 2010 at 4:47 PM  

I too love TOH since childhood and am also a magazine subscriber. I participated in this contest last year, and while not a finalist, it was nice to see the all around talent. I'm going to submit some projects this weekend and I'll surely vote for yours.

TaDa! Creations February 2, 2010 at 5:07 PM  

I remember Home Time too. I think that was filmed in MN (where I live). Congrats on the features!

Anonymous February 2, 2010 at 6:37 PM  

That is so cool that you are on that site! I went and rated, wish I could have put a 200 for the molding idea - I ADORE that one!!!

A Erickson February 2, 2010 at 6:44 PM  

That is awesome! And that was so our family growing up. We loved those shows!

bedelia February 2, 2010 at 7:37 PM  

I loved all of those shows. We don't have tv either so I miss them. And my parents live in Ft.Worth...well technically, River Oaks and I'm missing the sunshine and warmth.

Unknown February 2, 2010 at 9:29 PM  

I totally used to watch all those shows with my dad when I was 4 or 5. Loved them!

Frugal Home Designs February 2, 2010 at 11:52 PM  

That is awesome. I just subscribed to the magazine. Still waiting on my first issue.

Marsha February 3, 2010 at 7:45 AM  

That is so awesome. Larry & I are This Old House junkies too. We miss that show and all the DIY shows. Maybe eventually, Hulu will add This Old House to their ever growing show catalog. They have curb appeal which is fun to watch. Honestly I miss Project Runway more than anything.
We rated you. I am sure you guys could put together a book on all the awesome projects you have done.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP