We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

The tool box...

09 January 2010

We were asked a while back by one of our friends and readers the question, "What are the first tools that I should buy for remodeling?"  So we have been thinking about this for a while. 

When I first started my collection I asked the same question. I had no idea as to the tools that would help me the most with my remodeling projects.  We just purchased things as we went and felt bad for ourselves that we didn't have them before...  Anyway, I decided to come up with a list,

Mr Remodelaholic's
Top 10 Most Used Power Tools for Remodeling

I hope that you find this useful and that it will give you a place to start when adding to your tool box. 

Over the next few weeks I will tell you why these tools are necessary, how they can be used and what things you can build with them. (check back Saturdays for Mr Remodelaholic's Tool Box).  Just FYI, this list is
in order of how these items may be used, not most necessary.  All images courtesy of google search, you will have to research brands when you shop!

1. reciprocating saw - aka Sawzall for demolition


    2. large shop vacuum - for cleaning up

    3. circular saw - cutting 2x4's for framing etc.


    4. drill (cordless) - for ease


    5. compound miter saw - for moldings and finish work
    (a miter saw with a sliding blade, to cut out the need for a radial arm saw is even better!)

    6. air compressor - for nail guns


    7. nail guns - both framing and finishing (a staple gun is also helpful!!)

    8. jig saw - for tight curves and cut outs.



    9. wood router - for custom edges and joints



    10.table saw - for more accurate long cuts



    What are your favorite tools?
    What can you not live without?

7 comments:

Stephanie Stevens January 9, 2010 at 10:45 AM  

This post was like a slice of heaven for me! I LOVE tools!!! A date to Home Depot or Lowe's - just to look at tools is a favorite of mine. My parent's bought all of us kids a tool every year for Christmas so when we left the house we were prepared. My favorite was last years tool - a ratcheting stubby. It is SOOOO cute! I look forward to Mr. Remodelaholic's tool box posts from now on... :o)

TaDa! Creations January 9, 2010 at 11:56 AM  

Oh how I wish we had bought out air compressor and nail gun 10 years earlier. Now that we have it we can't imagine how we ever got on without it. I'm one step close to a "yes" on replacing all the trim in the house. hehe

The table saw next on our wishlist.

Durkovich January 9, 2010 at 3:13 PM  

Nice list Mr. Remodelaholic. So when are you going to give away a table saw...? That would be awesome, you know, just throwing that out there:)

The Wife of a Fisherman January 10, 2010 at 7:53 AM  

I love the nail gun and the sawzaw. They are easy for me to use, and the sawzaw even helps cut down small trees/shrubs/etc. when im landscaping!

WhisperWood Cottage January 13, 2010 at 9:30 PM  

I think my hubby would agree with this list. I see these tools in action all the time! :) I would also add a welder!

Innkeeper Seely January 14, 2010 at 11:06 PM  

I would add a Dremel type tool to the list. It seems like I use the cut off wheels for nearly every job I tackle.

Always buy decent quality tools - especially hand tools. It can be tough to get some tools to fit a woman's hand (like tin snips hence my use of the dremel) so try things out in the store to check the balance and grip

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP