We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Reciprocating Saw: Tool box tool

16 January 2010

Today I wanted to highlight the first tool of my Top 10 Most Used Power Tools for Remodeling


1. the reciprocating saw
aka Sawzall



 You can cut through just about anything you want with this saw, literally.  It is easy to use and there are many types and lengths of blades that you can buy, depending on the types of material you are cutting through.  It is easy to hold and good for tight spaces.  Tight spaces like cutting into walls at the base or at the ceiling corners.

I have had experience cutting through:

cast iron pipes (like the one that was in the middle of the bathroom)
existing 2x4 walls with lath and plaster
large boards with nails
metal bars
tile floors
floor boards

This tool is hungry for just about anything you put in it's path and it is fantastic for demo!

For the longest time in the beginning of my remodeling experience, we borrowed one from my sister-in-law.  I wanted to borrow the saw first, just to get a feel for it and to test it out to see if I really needed it.  I find that usually when I have to borrow a tool more than twice, the tool gets put on my wish list and I end up just buying it instead of constantly borrowing.  My sister-in-law was excited to get her saw back, after a year+.

Here is a picture of the current reciprocating saw that I own.




and below are some of the blades that I bought separately in a variety pack for different materials.



My first one was a Ryobi that I picked up at the Home Depot.  I payed about $30 for it.  It lasted for about 6 years, and two house remodels, with almost constant use.  The second one that I bought, pictured above,  was picked up at Northern Tools for around $40.  It has been great so far.  It also came with a carrying case, that always helps to keep the tool protected.

So there you have it.  I have enjoyed having this tool as part of my tool box. 
Happy remodeling!

Any Questions?

2 comments:

Anonymous,  January 16, 2010 at 8:46 AM  

Ooh now i want a sawzall! Actually we always talk about picking one up, but haven't yet. I 'think' it's next on my list...no DH just informed me it's a cordless drill since ours died.

Treasia Stepp January 16, 2010 at 8:53 AM  

Thanks for the information. I am just now starting to make some purchases for home redo's and this will come in handy.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP