We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Retro Remodel: part 1

16 November 2009

I was thinking a while back that I wanted to show you a little of our remodel projects from our first house.  It was our little cottage of love!  Our realtor tried to talk us out of buying it cuz he thought it was too far gone.  Nevertheless, we moved in on our first anniversary, and then the sweat equity truly began.    It was a hundred year old house with great bones, and a lot of scary layers, but peeling them off was a fun exhausting, exasperating, dirty, project. 

Now, please don't judge me on our furniture, because technically we still have most of our college free furniture and the truth is I like most of it!   But also, I just wasn't focused on decorating, we were focused on building, and getting our bachelors degrees...

Also, with the retro remodel posts, you won't have too wait long between projects, (since we remodel at a snails pace 'round here!)

Without further adieu I have a few pics to get y'all excited and I promise the journey is just as fun as the final outcome.  I will try to get at least one Retro Remodel post up a week, so stay tuned!  (and while they are posting we will work on some new projects in our home to show you!)

p.s.  I am a little sad looking through these pics I miss our little house! 

p.s.s. (or is it p.p.s. either way)  We sold the house when we graduated, and got a job across the country, so a few projects weren't fully complete, I will point them out!


Before:



After:




I hope you stay tuned! 

Become a follower, if you want to see the rest (not to mention make me feel so cool!)

 I promise you will love the transformations!

7 comments:

Lettered Cottage November 16, 2009 at 1:29 PM  

Girl you are GOOD! LOVE what you did with the bathroom! I'm going to sign up to follow your blog now!

:-)
Layla

Congrats on winning the necklace too!

Sara @ Russet Street Reno November 16, 2009 at 1:58 PM  

I love this look for bathrooms. So much that I did tall beadboard in my downstairs bath as well! Great job.

The Wife of a Fisherman November 16, 2009 at 7:40 PM  

oh my goodness what a gorgeous outcome! i just love what you did with the room...it looks so so so much better. What a vision you had!!

Deidra November 16, 2009 at 9:46 PM  

I loved taking a tour of your house and being completely amazed at the talent one couple could possess. Can't wait to see it all again!

Katie November 16, 2009 at 10:22 PM  

We left way too soon to see all the transformations so this will be fun to see how it all turned out in the end. Woohoo!

Amy November 16, 2009 at 11:40 PM  

I'm so excited to see these!! I absolutely love before/after's, and I especially love the before/after's I've seen you do.

p.s. I saw you were featured on 'amysueiloveyou.' How cool is that!?

Brian November 17, 2009 at 4:53 PM  

I'm not in too much suspense since I saw the finished product :) You guys did an awesome job on your house - we're doing the same thing right now (minus the creative spark you have!), partly because Rachel saw how yours turned out!

It's been really fun looking through your blog - I fully intend to use some of your ideas on another house someday :D

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP