We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

You want me for pillow?

27 October 2009

How about a candy corn pillow?  Huh?  Huh?  Ya, you know you want one.
I found this idea off of The Adventures of Rory and Jess and I totally loved the idea!  Although, I made mine as pillows for my couch and whatever.  I think I really went for it, because mine are huge, but I figure, if I am making pillows, they should be big enough to lounge on, while we sit around eating ice cream watching The Biggest Loser! (don't look so stunned, you know you eat ice cream during Biggest Loser too!)

I also made mine a little more three dimensional, by putting on a bottom piece.  But either way is fun, if you want a smaller version, check out Jess' page, I think she even had a template, I just free handed mine.

First place fabric (2 layers), good sides facing in of desired fabric on table to cut out. ( I was using scraps, so I laid it out in about the right shape before I cut it)  Cut into triangle. with rounded top point.



With good sides facing up, fold each layer down and sew along edge, like below:



Iron seams flat, then sew around outside edge.  Trim any excess or uneven fabric off.



Now, fold in half, and mark the half point in front.
 Take a rectangle of fabric and mark it's centers when folded, both long and short ends.



Now attach the rectangle at the center marked points
The short side center will be matched up with the side seam. 
Then pull the edges smooth and pin along them. 
Sew the edges, making sure to leave open about 4-5 inch space to be able to flip and stuff pillow!



Trim any excess fabric, and flip inside out through open seam. 
Now stuff with batting.  When the pillow is full whip stitch the hole closed.



This is what is looks like in there new home (at least their home for the holiday!).


6 comments:

Amy October 27, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

Love this!

I'll log this away for when I am in the vicinity of an actual fabric store. :)

Deidra October 27, 2009 at 11:53 PM  

Tonight we actually watched that last bit of Biggest Loser from the gym. Go us! (After I ate candy corn at a RS Meeting, and did my VTing).

But we generally like to have some yummy snack while we watch! ;)

Anonymous,  October 31, 2009 at 12:34 PM  

Cassity - the blog is smashing! I loved the costumes and especially Etta's Halloween dress - You're such an awesome mom. Love, Mom

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP