We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Pizza, All rolled up!

21 October 2009

One of Justin's favorite foods growing up was Chicken Roll-ups.  And I concur, they are wonderful!  The recipe for the rolls is pretty simple, and I always have great results. 

When I first started making them, I reworked the recipe to shave off as much fat as I could.  But it was still white bread.  Also, since this recipe worked so well for chicken I was sure I could try it different ways, and I have.  Chicken and broccoli, ham, cheese and broccoli, and most recently pizza.  I LOVE the pizza version.  It is my new favorite. 

The best part?  They freeze like a charm and seem like fresh out of the oven baked with love, when reheated properly.



Here is the recipe:  ( Which I double so that I an make 50 and freeze.... I know 50!) 

Pizza Roll-ups
(6 points each on Weight Watchers with the fillings included)
Mix together:

3 cups Whole Wheat Flour
2 cups White Flour
1/4 + 1T Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1/4 Dry Milk

In a separate bowl:

1 1/2 c Warm Water
2 Beaten Eggs
1 T Yeast
(about 1/2 cup flour mixture from above)
Mix well
Add 1/2 c Canola Oil (or melted butter, but I've never done that?)
Begin adding and incorporating all of the flour mixture, til it's all used.

Remove and knead dough.  Replace into bowl let rise 30 minutes to an hour.  Punch it down(a good aggression reliever...) and separate in half.

Roll out 1/2 of dough into very large pizza round, I usually get it almost the width of my counter so at least 20 inches around.  Use a pizza roller to cut it into quarters, then quarter or third those sections.





Place desired toppings onto outside edge(no sauce!!).  Roll each individual wedge tightly into center.  I choose to add Pepperoni, mushrooms, olives, onions and mozzarella cheese.


Brush roll-up with beaten egg whites. Then, roll it in Italian Bread crumbs (with some added Parmesan cheese mixed in).  Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

Be sure to knock over your 5 lb bag of flour, like so:
then,  be lazy enough to not clean it up immediately, and instead, track it all over the kitchen floor!


When you are done.  Either eat with a side of pizza dipping sauce, or freeze in a Ziploc bag. 

When reheating roll-up.  Place in Microwave for approx. 2 minutes (more if you have more than one roll reheating).  Then place in a toaster oven and toast it (like on the bread setting)  They will be hot and gooey on the inside, and crisp on the outside, like they are fresh out of the oven.

Bon Appetite!



5 comments:

Carrie October 21, 2009 at 8:14 PM  

Yummy!!! That is a total Friday/pizza night plate of deliousness! We call them calzones and love them...I could use one right now...But I will wait until cheat night because I have lost 10 pounds!!

Ralph October 21, 2009 at 11:59 PM  

That looks like something we should have when we come. How many points does that have. They look like they would be low. Keep up the great work.
Grandpa K

Shirleybk October 22, 2009 at 11:00 AM  

That's so funny, I just did this the other day. I figures it'd be easier to serve to the kids but I did use sauce which worked fine and of course I didn't make enough to freeze but that's not a bad idea, they'd make perfect afternoon snacks for the kids. I just buttered the tops of mine though and sprinkled a little parmasean, italian seasoning and garlic salt but I just might have to try your way.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP