We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Now you see it....

13 October 2009

Now you don't!

I love my piano!  But, from a design perspective it has really thrown me for a loop.  First of all, did you know that if you own a piano, it needs to be placed on an interior wall?  True.  It helps the piano stay in tune and not fluctuate with the exterior wall temperatures.  Secondly it is huge, yeah not a "grand" obviously, but bulky.  And it is just always there...

This means that there are always problems placing it in a room.   

To make matters worse, we bought a flat screen tv, that we wanted in the living room.  So,w e just moved the armoire into our living room (it had been in the dining room).  Now that the armoire was in the living room, the piano was really getting on my nerves.  Until a light bulb came on, and I knew where it should go.

....upstairs....

I know, it's like slapping your husband in the face and cursing loudly.  Isn't that rude of me?  My poor loving husband.  He was forced to test friendships all for the sake of his wife wanting to move the piano.  In the end, he was kind enough to get some friends to come and help.  THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HELPED!  Joe, Adam and Matt you guys are so nice, seriously thank you so much!

I am so pleased.  Here is it home before:


I need to figure out what I am going to do with the space it created!

Here it is in it's new home upstairs.  The little space was practically made for our piano.
I love where it is right now, and it won't be needing to move it until we sell this house!



p.s. Please excuse the plates on the wall,
I just stuck them up there on existing nails so they were up off the floor. 

4 comments:

Melissa October 13, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

Perfect spot for it! That is so funny that you said something about the plates because I was thinking hmmm, maybe that is the look she wanted, I kinda like it.

partypooperspoyfair November 11, 2009 at 5:39 PM  

That is the exact spot I was thinking I would put a piano if I ever got one! I also love the chandalier (sp?) in the stairwell, I have been thinking I wanted to hang one there for a long time- I have to many things I want to change. I just need more money to do it all!

Unknown May 18, 2010 at 12:17 AM  

My sweetie and I are downsizing from a 2000 sq ft house w/ a full basement into 840 sq ft (we must be out of our minds!!) and I need all the organizing ideas I can get. We're remodeling the new place and I want to make it totally different from the old one. We took this evening off and I have been reading a lot of your older posts and also linking to some other blogs through you and have gotten tons of ideas today!! Thank you SO much for sharing your great ideas. I really want to make the artwork you made with 1 inch squares of cardstock, but I'm not into scrapbooking - so...what do you think about using paint sample cards? I guess anything would work as long as it'll stick to the wood or canvas backing, right?

Remodelaholic May 18, 2010 at 10:56 AM  

Deanna- Good luck with the move, we have done it before too! Only keep what you LOVE! Then you will always love where you live no matter what size!

The paint chip idea works perfectly. In fact another person emailed me saying that is what she used.

I can't get through to your profile- blog or email so I hope you get this!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP