We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Mirror Mirror on the Wall, Upstairs Bath Remodel: Part 5

23 October 2009

Wet Your Appetite: Part 1
Got Paint: Part 2
Tile With Style: Part 3
For Vanity's Sake : Part 4

In eighth grade English class we had to write poetry.  I wrote one particular poem that I still really like.  I borrowed the idea from Snow White, which is, incidentally "out of the Disney vault" at this very moment!   Buy one today... or don't ,I really don't care.  But anyway, I think the poem is fitting for this post let me share it with you. 

Mirror Mirror on the wall,
Who's the fairest of them all?
Do you think when I look in there,
That I could scare a Grizzly bear?
Or do you think I'm really sweet,
The problem is so is everything I eat.
Sometimes I think I shouldn't ask,
and in myself begin to bask,
then others when I am so low,
I'm sure the answer will be no.
And sometimes my faults shine through,
like the nose that often blocks my view...
But anyway, Mirror Mirror on the wall,
Who's the fairest of them all?

Well, that was fun reminiscing.  What did you think?

On to the business at hand.  The mirror in the bathroom was just your average sheet of glass.  At least it was big, but other then that, it has nothing great to speak of.  No beveled edges, no frame.  So Justin built a frame.

It looks rather nice.  Although we need to update the light now for sure, I was thinking of just leaving it.  Even though I know it isn't beautiful...

Here are the project details. The Before:



This is the mirror frame before it was painted.
All the pieces that Justin cut to make it solid and fit in the space.


Look, it's our little Buddy-helper.  He loves to hand out with us while we work and help out where he can, for example trying to catch that pesky light that gets in the drills way!








The final cabinet to come.  And it will be done.

3 comments:

Ralph October 23, 2009 at 8:32 PM  

Nice job do you hire out. When we come to Texas you guys come to our house and do a little remodeling while we watch Etta in Texas.
Grandpa K

Crafty Rose February 3, 2010 at 5:41 AM  

You got yourself one amazingly handy husband.
That's all I can say.

Good for you!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP