We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Another excuse to eat chocolate.

02 October 2009


Are you convinced?
Well, my friends, I haven't posted a recipe for a while, and I found one that must be shared. You should know that I have almost given up desserts (at least on a daily basis, did I just admit that, cringe)

No, from a few weeks ago, I decided that they are for Sunday nights, possibly family night as well. But shouldn't be consumed daily. But if I make a treat I am always trying to make it healthy. Well this isn't healthy, but it also isn't calorie rich. People this is only 167 calories! Look at the picture one more time.

Now are you convinced to eat chocolate?
Oh my Heck Yeah! (Why yes, I did live in Utah half my life)
Here is the recipe:
Individual Chocolate Souffles:
Adapted from Cooking Light
Makes 2 souffles
*if making four, use five teaspoons flour and double the remaining ingredients. Doubling the flour would make the base too heavy.
4 1/2 T granulated sugar, divided
1 T all-purpose flour
3 T cocoa
2 T milk
1/4 t vanilla extract
1/8 t maple extract (just under an 1/8 th tsp.)
1/8 t almond extract (just under and 1/8 th tsp.)
1 large egg white
1 tsp powdered sugar (optional)
OR Roasted almonds, roughly chopped (optional, more calories)
OR Toasted coconut (optional, more calories)
Preheat oven to 350°.

Coat 2 (6-ounce) ramekins with cooking spray; sprinkle each with 3/4 teaspoon granulated sugar.

Combine 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, flour, cocoa, in a small pan. Add the milk last. Place saucepan over medium heat. Stirring continuously till smooth. ( do not over cook it will turn into a chunky lump). Remove from heat when it is all smooth and combined. (it will not be too hot, if it is, put it in another bowl and cool 4 minutes. (mine is usually cool enough that I just leave it in the pan, one less dish to clean). Stir in vanilla and extracts.

Place egg white in another medium bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Add remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form (do not over beat). Gently stir 1/4 of egg white mixture into chocolate mixture; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture. Spoon mixture into prepared dishes. Sharply tap dishes 2 or 3 times to level. Place dishes on a baking sheet; bake at 350° for 17 minutes ( I let mine stay in a little longer I like it more set) or until puffy and set.
Sprinkle each soufflé with 1/2 teaspoon powdered sugar if desired (or coconut, or almonds... or both! Oh My! wait, I'm getting carried away again). Serve immediately.
Calories: 167
Fat: 0.6g
Okay, Just a few more pictures...

Tell me how they turn out. I promise they are worth it.

Join the party at It's So Very Cheri.

5 comments:

andrea wardle October 2, 2009 at 10:17 AM  

I should not be looking at this. I'm making a commitment to blast sugar out of my diet, yet here comes the first temptation (she says as she eats her pop tarts and hot cocoa for breakfast...).

Melissa October 2, 2009 at 1:11 PM  

Definitely a good excuse to eat more chocolate. I will have to make those sometime soon. Where do you get the cute size pan?

brianne October 2, 2009 at 7:35 PM  

Ok, so I hate to be the "stupid" poster for the recipe club, but what the heck is a ramekin? I have wondered that every single post that you send that it is in. Ok, forgive the fact that I think that making sugar cookies is a HUGE effort and come down to my cooking level ... :) I think that it looks WONDERFUL ... I just wish that you lived closer so I could sample all your yummy recipes without all the work!!! :)

Steph October 3, 2009 at 7:44 AM  

Why do you need an excuse to eat chocolate???!!!!! I would eat it just because! HAHA...! I better get running.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP