We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Worth Every Penny

20 September 2009

... all 25 of them.

When I first moved to Fort Worth I was on the lookout for good second hand stores. I love thrifting I've been doing it since high school. You should see my collection of 60's and 70's clothes (me: sigh of contentment)! Anyway after asking my friend Amanda I was told about this awesome store that has 25 cent days. That is right, all thing 25 cents. But she couldn't remember the store name.

Well, I got busy and pregnant and the store slipped my mind, that is until my other friend Sharla came to church wearing a cute shirt that she had altered. She got the idea from this blog. It was too cute, and I told her the next time she goes I was going with her.

We planned on that next Wednesday. Unfortunately it got a little late and Sharla couldn't go so I ventured out on my own. I brought home loads of great things including two perfect pairs of slacks for my husband to wear to work (.50 total for BOTH). But, I also got a lot of dresses for my self, because I don't own any I can feed my baby in. And later I will show the other things I bought to alter.
Today I altered one of the dresses just to make it a little cuter. It was going for the football player look with big old shoulder pads. Seriously, why were shoulder pads ever popular?
Before:


There were slits in the back that went a little to high. The front had a collar and longer sleeves.

After:

For the front, I removed the collar, shortened the sleeves and added a ribbon around the bodice and bottom. Then in back, I sewed up the slits. I am going to wear it to church tomorrow.

8 comments:

Sharla September 20, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

The dress turned out way cute! It looked so good on too... can't complain about something that's just 25 cents!!! Can't wait to see your other finds!

Heidi September 20, 2009 at 10:21 PM  

It looks so great! I love reading about all your fabulous finds and how you alter them into wonderful things for you and your family.

Jenny P. September 21, 2009 at 10:43 PM  

Seriously. I want to be like you when I grow up. Or I just want to be your neighbor. And very best friend. That is bribe-able with cupcakes.

CourtneyB September 22, 2009 at 8:09 AM  

Wow! The addition of the ribbon really transformed it (as well as the collar, and removal of the *shudder* shoulder pads)! Very classy!

Jenny P. September 22, 2009 at 8:50 AM  

So, my comment totally would have made more sense if I had said that YOU would be bribe-able with cupcakes. But it was very late at night... so. Now you have my excuse. :)

Jess@craftiness is not optional October 6, 2009 at 6:51 PM  

LOVE this dress! was it 25 cents? i wish our thrift store did that. they're a bit pricy, so i usually go on the 50% off days.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP