We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

For Etta

03 June 2009

I went tot the temple with my friend Donelle yesterday. It was such a nice trip. We went to lunch afterward and had a fabulous chicken Caesar salad at La Madelines. We stopped by the LDS bookstore too. I wasn't really looking for anything, but thought maybe I would just look around.

Then I found this:
"Under His Wing" by J. Bryant Ward

I LOVE this picture! I think it will be a good thing to have on her walls, to help her remember the Savior. The image is just so touching, and reminds me of the Savior asking to see the children. I think the little blond girl in the painting must look a little like Etta. So she can recognize herself in the picture.

I just taped it to the back of a frame, that we have to see what it will look like. I am pretty sure I will paint the frame, put it in properly and hang it up a.s.a.p.!

I think this will be a nice tradition for our future children, that they each get a special image of a child that is with the Savior that they can grow up looking at.

5 comments:

InkMom June 3, 2009 at 1:26 PM  

We each had a drawing of the Savior done with pastels . . . all matted and framed to match the theme of each room, and always there.

Very nice.

Cindy Killebrew June 3, 2009 at 6:44 PM  

That is so sweet. I heard a story of a mom who put the picture right next the their childs door so that when they went in there to yell at their kids for whatever they would see that picture of a reminder of WHO their children belonged to.

Bobbi June 11, 2009 at 5:16 PM  

One day at church Jane saw the picture of Christ holding a lamb and fell in love with it. So she got it in her stocking this last year (Santa put it in a magnet frame to put on the fridge to hang up church pictures!) Claire has always loved bugs so she got the one with Christ holding a child with a butterfly on his finger. I love having them on my fridge. They have a picture of Christ in their room, but I have always wanted to get them a big one of their own! I am sure we will someday:) This is a beautiful picture, I love it!!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP