We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Bright and Blue and Beautiful; Kitchen Remodel!

05 August 2011

Bright and Blue and Beautiful; Kitchen Remodel!


Well, the kitchen at my daughter’s house is now complete.  My daughter and son-in-law are ready to move in and start making their house their home.  It has been a long 6 weeks, but oh so worth it.  I have so much to show you, but I wanted to start with the kitchen remodel first.  It went from a 90′s style “L” shaped kitchen with very little cupboard space and A LOT of wasted floor space.

{Don’t be alarmed with the black stuff on the very back wall.  It isn’t mold, it is actually the remnants of sound proofing foam that was taken off those walls.    Right off the kitchen there was a set up  for a recording studio from the previous owner. Go figure. }
So once we gutted the kitchen, I laid out the new floor plan {orange tape, very professional} to maximize the all the space we could.  We took down the wall that separated the kitchen from the living room which enabled me to add an island.
And here it is all finished!  {well minus a couple of cabinet pulls that we forgot to get} Can we get a WOO HOO?  I am so happy with how it all turned out. The kitchen has so much of a brighter felling to it now don’t you think?  Can’t wait to find some cool bar stools to add that finishing touch to the island.
There is no accessorizing going on as you can see. They haven’t moved in yet, so I didn’t want to stage the house just for these pictures.  I wanted to show you the design more than the “stuff” anyways so I skipped the staging.  I want to do a more in depth post soon to share all my bargain finds {lots of these!} and sources for all the other items.   But for now, here are more pictures of the finished room, enjoy!
Don’t you just love that red washer and dryer! It makes that tiny little laundry room off the kitchen so fun.
Here is the pocket door we put in to hide the laundry room.



This project was contributed by one of our fabulous readers! We love to share your projects with this great blogging community. So, if you have projects from kitchen renovation ideas to small bathroom remodels, overhauled and repurposed furniture, spray paint updates you name it please send it in! Thanks for reading Remodelaholic!















If you enjoyed this post please check out these other great kitchen renovations:

9 comments:

Meaghan McDowell August 5, 2011 at 7:34 PM  

OmyGoodness. I absolutelyyyy loveee your kitchen! I have a laundry room that's off the kitchen (idk who thought of that) and have been trying to figure out how to tie my laundry room in with the kitchen.. especially since I just bought a new washer and dryer set in red as well.

Thanks for the inspiration! Now I'm excited to do my kitchen!

banclothing August 7, 2011 at 2:36 AM  

lovely, the new floorplan is WAY more practical. I like that the laundry is right off the kitchen; seems very practical.

Stephanie August 7, 2011 at 10:22 AM  

So pretty! I love the blue light fixtures, and you're right...the red appliances contrast with the blue walls and add a fun pop of colour.

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP